Something we can agree on (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:10
No, seriously ... is there any political or social issue on which most of us can agree? I'm curious. Any nominations?

Not just that something is a problem, but a potential solution - or a praise report?

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 13:10
if someone else can name something, I will throw out my 2 cents. on the other hand, check out this lady who is apparently a far right extremist:

I don't see many far right extremists anymore, but rather a lot of lefty extremists. but this woman thinks the church should run the country, not the government. that IS a little weird, I think.

OK, forget waiting to give 2 cents. I think we can all agree on the fact that extremism on either side is a very bad idea.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Extremism that leads to muddling of the brand is bad

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
is there any political or social issue on which most of us can agree?

I'll nominate "human trafficking" as an issue that we should be able to agree upon as "bad."

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:10
but this woman thinks the church should run the country, not the government. that IS a little weird, I think.
Wow, I don't think I've ever in my life read such a negatively biased bio. Apparently Boebert has no redeeming features. Even her dog should hate her. Even Son of Sam wouldn't have had such a negative review.

You have no idea what she thinks. You are reading a very biased view of her positions.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'll nominate "human trafficking" as an issue that we should be able to agree upon as "bad."

Love it. I agree Doc. Human Trafficking whether it be the people that charge migrants $5000 to be loaded up in the back of a sometimes-abandoned freight trailer to be smuggled, or of the sexual kind (real trafficking, not just every prostitute that claims such when arrested) - are horrible things that I can agree if we can reduce or eliminate them, it would be grand!!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I have to admit, when I read about people's kids/teens and such age, and the things that happened, I have to pray a silent prayer of genuine GRATEFULNESS for the kids that God saw fit to put in my life. Very, very grateful.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:10
Of course, we can't admit that the US government is the worst trafficker in the business. These days immigration takes unaccompanied minors and sends them to people whose address is pinned to the kid's clothing. How is that for downright stupid? Plus, they've lost over 80,000 of these kids that just got passed on to some unknown person. They don't do DNA tests on accompanied minors to ensure the adult they are with is a parent either.

So, Doc, in theory we probably agree that it is bad but the Biden administration is a guilty participant and are getting away with it scot free.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So, Doc, in theory we probably agree that it is bad but the Biden administration is a guilty participant and are getting away with it scot free.

I cannot dispute your statement, Pat. The Biden Administration, by not cracking down on illegals, is at least aiding and abetting a trafficking operation.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've read stories where they are even basically tossing infants over the wall hoping they hit pay dirt. That's very cruel. Of course the nice Border Patrol picks them up, houses and feeds them, and begins looking for a permanent care situation for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom