Soz for deleting a thread (1 Viewer)

JungleJme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:44
Hi, got told off by a mod for a deleting a thread that had a reply. I don't think my account can PM so just apologising and explaining here.

I found the answer elsewhere and couldnt find an option to mark the thread as "Solved" so i deleted it before somebody wasted their time thinking about and replying to it. Unfortunately i think someone must have replied whilst i was deleting it!

Apologies if that was you. If someone could point me in the direction of a Solved option on a thread that'd be great!

Cheers

J

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
Simply thank any respondents and explain your solution if it differs from the one presented.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:44
You can just post another post in the thread that says you solved it and how you did. You can change the title to include SOLVED in it if you click on EDIT to the original post in the thread and then click GO ADVANCED. Then you can modify the title of the thread.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Shouldn't the ability to delete a thread be removed once replies have been logged?

I don't see why a user should be told off when the system allows you do delete them in the first place.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Shouldn't the ability to delete a thread be removed once replies have been logged?

I don't see why a user should be told off when the system allows you do delete them in the first place.
It gives you the opportunity to delete a thread if you mistakenly created two... it happens.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
When a person starts a thread it could be said that they own the thread.

However, once someone has replied to the thread the ownership becomes blurred. If someone has replied and the original poster deletes that thread then they are deleting the work of someone else.

I believe Groundrush is correct here and I would not mind if Jon could enforce that situation.

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom