Spam from established members? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:53
Anyone else notice spam recently that is coming from established members, who have joined ages ago and asked relevant questions for this site in the past.?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes. I believe the spammers might have hacked their accounts.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I have asked one by PM, yet to receive a reply.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 07:53
Yes. I believe the spammers might have hacked their accounts.
Years ago, maybe 7 or 8 years, we had an attack at UtterAccess from an organized group. One group of people would join and post generic things, and then sometime later, a second person or persons would begin responding to those posts with their spam. It might have been the same people under different user names, but there were definitely more than one involved. At the time I believed they were part of a for hire group that sold "SEO boosting" on that basis.

Is it possible those older members were advanced scouts doing that same kind of thing? Is the time lapse between posts too long for that? Can you identify IPs for them?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
This member joined back in June 2017 and has 114 posts, all pertinent to Access.
Last post was March 2023, yet posted yesterday I this was posted on his account 'Supreme Сasual Dating - Verified Women'

Post now deleted of course.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 07:53
This member joined back in June 2017 and has 114 posts, all pertinent to Access.
Last post was March 2023, yet posted yesterday I this was posted on his account 'Supreme Сasual Dating - Verified Women'

Post now deleted of course.
No doubt a hacked account, then.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Years ago, maybe 7 or 8 years, we had an attack at UtterAccess from an organized group. One group of people would join and post generic things, and then sometime later, a second person or persons would begin responding to those posts with their spam. It might have been the same people under different user names, but there were definitely more than one involved. At the time I believed they were part of a for hire group that sold "SEO boosting" on that basis.

Is it possible those older members were advanced scouts doing that same kind of thing? Is the time lapse between posts too long for that? Can you identify IPs for them?
I've checked all their IPs and have tools to find related accounts. You can never tell always because of VPNs. Most hacking comes from places like India and Pakistan. I think they target old accounts that are not used anymore because then it doesn't alert the user to changing their password. I'm sure they use bots to do it too.

They either hacked the site, or sometimes there are bulk password breaches. Even the password protection sites like LastPass have had breaches.

I've banned the term "casual dating" and will ban any other evolution of that term will be also banned. Furthermore, mods have been alerted to how to find the related accounts and what to do about it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:53
General question: When someone reports a post, does it go to a Mod Inbox or something for adjudication or is it something else?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
General question: When someone reports a post, does it go to a Mod Inbox or something for adjudication or is it something else?

1714494274016.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Spam report > Discussion amongst mods > We then blow the heads off the spammers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom