Spare Columns in sub-form (1 Viewer)

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:25
I have a form with 2 sub-forms side-by-side. The sub-forms are too big to fit on a normal size screen, so I have scroll bars both vertically and horizontally. However, on each of the sub-forms I have a number of BLANK columns at the end of the data, thereby making the width of the sub-form larger than need be. How do I delete these unwanted columns ???

Access 2007

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
I have a form with 2 sub-forms side-by-side. The sub-forms are too big to fit on a normal size screen, so I have scroll bars both vertically and horizontally. However, on each of the sub-forms I have a number of BLANK columns at the end of the data, thereby making the width of the sub-form larger than need be. How do I delete these unwanted columns ???

Access 2007

If you place MS Access into Design mode, and then Single Click on any field, the DELETE Button can be used to remove BOTH THAT FIELD AND ITS LABEL. A more interesting question might be WHY ARE THE FIELDS ON THE FORM IN THE FIRST PLACE? Maybe what you want to do is Move them and Hide them instead (so that if they are needed again, you can easily bring them back and will not need to rebuild them). Setting the Forms Visible Property to NO will help you to accomplish this.

James Dudden

Access VBA Developer
Local time
Not quite sure what you mean by blank columns but if you need to edit the subform:
1. Close the form with the subforms on.
2. Open the subform in design view, make all your changes, save them and then close the form.
3. Open the main form in design view and if you dbl-click on the top-right of your subform it will auto-size it.

Hope that helps

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
These are NOT fields/labels they are just blank columns.

Basically my sub-form has about 8 fields/columns of data which doesnt quite fit on a normal size screen, so I have a horizontal scroll bar along the bottom. As I scroll along past the 8th field/column it displays these BLANK columns. Its only a cosmetic issue but I'm still not sure how you get rid of them ???

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:25
These are NOT fields/labels they are just blank columns.

Basically my sub-form has about 8 fields/columns of data which doesnt quite fit on a normal size screen, so I have a horizontal scroll bar along the bottom. As I scroll along past the 8th field/column it displays these BLANK columns. Its only a cosmetic issue but I'm still not sure how you get rid of them ???

Post the database so we can see..

wllsth

Registered User.
Local time
The Form 'Project Details' and sub-form 'Project Expenses Sub-form' are an example in Test Database attached. Please ignore total errors

Attachments

• TestDatabase.zip
    476.4 KB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom