Speed skating

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:15
I'm doing a lot of speed skating myself and am really proud to see this :

http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/SS/C73A_SSW030101.html

Unfortunately, we couldn't beat the american on men's 5000 mtr speed skating, so we had to settle for 2nd.

Do you have a favourite in any of the current Torino based Olympics.

I love watching the snowboard competition, especially the half pipe.

Tea tray riding is my favourite. Got to be damn brave/crazy to do that one.

Don't worry rak, the Netherlands is always good for at least one gold on the oval.

Snowboard Cross is great to watch.

I was off work yesterday and managed to catch the whole of the knockout rounds. 4 people at once down the same track, great fun to watch.

Steve

statsman said:
Don't worry rak, the Netherlands is always good for at least one gold on the oval.

You're right. Got an other gold on the women's 1000 mtrs yesterday. ;)

indesisiv said:
Snowboard Cross is great to watch.

I was off work yesterday and managed to catch the whole of the knockout rounds. 4 people at once down the same track, great fun to watch.

Steve

How about that idiot Lindsey Jacobellis showing off and losing the gold? :mad: I am really disappointed with the USA team. All the money spent on training and corporate sponsors to boot, and they just don't seem to want to compete the way other countries do.

Here is a quote from Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press:
"The U.S. should be doing better in a lot of sports. Sometimes we're complacent. Sometimes we're soft. And sometimes it's all about personal glory. That's a losing formula."

Friday said:
How about that idiot Lindsey Jacobellis showing off and losing the gold? :mad:
Look on the bright side, she'll never do that trick again, unless she's stupid ;)

Rich said:
Look on the bright side, she'll never do that trick again, unless she's stupid ;)

the jury is still out on that...:cool:

Does anyone else get a sense that the television coverage is somewhat different this year? Sure, the U.S. athletes aren't doing very well so we don't get to watch a lot of gold medal performances, but it seems like instead of seeing the athletes who are giving great performances, the highlights we're shown contain an unusual amount if wipe-outs. It's like the Olympics are being produced by NASCAR this year.

Hmmmm, I was thinking the same thing just the other night. "I can't remember seeing so many crashes". Perhaps it's just that the junior tv producers are more use to "other" sporting events and can't help themselves.

Humm, interesting thread, it goes from "I Love Snowboard Cross, 4 people down in one run" to "I can't understand why we are seeing so many crashes".
I'm still waiting for the Kayak Slalom, Snowboard Curling and the Figure Skating Biathalon :p
But since no Americans qualified we most likely won't get to see them here :rolleyes:

FoFa said:
Figure Skating Biathalon :p
That is one of the funniest visuals I've had in a long time! I'm picturing a petite female skater in a sit-spin while aiming a rifle and firing at a target as she rotates. Classic! That could make for one funny comedy sketch. :p

Kraj said:
That is one of the funniest visuals I've had in a long time! I'm picturing a petite female skater in a sit-spin while aiming a rifle and firing at a target as she rotates. Classic! That could make for one funny comedy sketch. :p
Sorry but cannot resist getting in before Rich

Isn't this the technique used to train U.S.Marines

Sorry to all but the ionner compulsion to beat Rich has overwelmed common sense

Len

FoFa said:
I'm still waiting for the Kayak Slalom, Snowboard Curling and the Figure Skating Biathalon :p

What about down hill skating or 50 mtrs klunen :)

Len Boorman said:
Isn't this the technique used to train U.S.Marines

Len

I really cannot sit here and let you denigrate such a fine bunch of chaps, you should have said the US army and national guard :cool: :p

Rich said:
I really cannot sit here and let you denigrate such a fine bunch of chaps, you should have said the US army and national guard :cool: :p

See I really do not have the depth of knowledge as yourself. lept in and goofed again

but its an interesting thought :D :D :D

Rich said:

Me, I thought it was Cheney's hunting technique. :D

Friday said:
How about that idiot Lindsey Jacobellis showing off and losing the gold? :mad:

I hope her coach ripped her a new one after that.

I'm so tired of Bode's Colin Farrell routine. I like that Liggety guy much better - just keep your mouth shut and do your job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom