Split Database (1 Viewer)

Hedge01

Local time
Today, 22:02
I have a database that i split to be located on my work server it has worked for months now all of a sudden I am getting a message on some computes accessing the database saying could not use\......\jobflowaccdb;file already in use.
I have noticed that on each desktop their is now a locked file of the same name. I believe there use to be a locked file in the same fold on the server.
I am using office 365

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:02
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I believe there may be a bug in a recent Office update. Let me see if I can find a link.

Last edited:

Hedge01

Local time
Thank you I have spent hours on this. Only 3 computers out of 15 have this issue all the others connect ok.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:02
Sounds like a permissions issue. Get your network support person to make sure that everyone has the same permissions as one of the ones were the app works.

Then, make sure that no one is opening the application in exclusive mode.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:02
To me, it sounds like you are affected by a major Access bug caused by an update released last Tuesday.
This is the official page outlining the issue together with details of the fix
Error in Access when opening a database on a network file share

The good news is that a fix was released within 72 hours of the bug being triggered/reported.
Update Office 365 again & all should be well once more

Hedge01

Local time
Guys you are the best

I updated two of the Pc's and they are now linked. Can thank you enough.

What a great forum.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:02
It always bothers me when MS makes sloppy mistakes like this. When millions/billions of people are depending on you maybe your programmers need to understand about coupling and cohesion so that when you change procedure x you don't break procedure y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom