Solved Split Form Open Problem When Opened with VBA or from Navigation Pane (1 Viewer)

Pac-Man

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:52
Thanks @isladogs for detailed reply. I liked your approach very much and will use it after fully understanding it. It was totally new idea for me to use header for form input fields. I'll take some time to understand it.

Pac-Man

Local time
@isladogs, I've applied your concept in my form. I didn't know that i don't need a code to sync the forms. Forms are synced and filter is also working perfectly. I just need to apply few formattings and my split form will be ready. Before applying this. I was confused about syncing code but then I come to find out that this is one form so don't need syncing :)

Thanks a lot again for your db and help.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:52
You're welcome

Pac-Man

Local time
Hi @isladogs, there is a field in my form with currency input. When I was using split form or subform to emulate split form, it was automatically colored in red for negative and green for positive value plus sum of all filtered values was showing up in the end. Any suggestion how can I get them in my emulated split form now?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Use conditional formatting for the colours.
Add a totals row in the form footer.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I believe you can just use the Format property of the control as well. Search for Format by member CJ_London

Pac-Man

Local time
I believe you can just use the Format property of the control as well. Search for Format by member CJ_London
I have seen the post and it was nice option. I had custom currency symbol in format property. I used conditional formatting for negative and positive value.

Pac-Man

Local time
Use conditional formatting for the colours.
Add a totals row in the form footer.
Fixed one issue of colored positive negative values using conditional formatting but could not achieved total of currently filtered total value. Tried following methods:
  1. Used =Sum([ActualAmount]) where ActualAmount is the field in the continuous form as well field in query.
  2. Used =DSum("[ActualAmount]","[qryAccountTransactionsExtended]") it gives Sum but even when filtered it gives the same sum i.e. sum of all transaction.
  3. Used Total in qryAccountTransactionsExtended and used =Sum(ActualAmount) but it didn't work either.
Can you please help me get it to work.

PS. I am using filtering method as used in the Microsoft Income/Expense template db attached here with.

Attachments

• Income Expense Database.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom