SSL certificate issue (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:22
Big thanks to Gasman, Galaxiom and Doc for letting me know the site was down. It was my fault, so apologies. It looks like the SSL certificate being used was still from the old hosting company I used, rather than the new one. With multiple sites and hosts, it gets pretty hard to keep tabs on everything. I contacted support and it took them 3 minutes from sending my email to installing the new SSL certificate. I don't think I have ever gotten a reply so fast from any support anywhere so also a big thanks to them too.

Everything should be back to normal now.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You need a DB to give you the heads up when something is about to expire :D

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Access? :ROFLMAO:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:22
Even Outlook could handle defining a single task for a specific future date.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have todo apps, but I did not know that the SSL certificate was not moved across to my new hosts SSL certificate. There are a ton of moving parts when you shift around 10 sites across.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Agreed - which is why having "To Do" lists ongoing from the move will help you remember stuff better.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You have to be aware that there was a potential SSL issue to put it on the todo list, but I wasn't aware. It just comes down to living in a complex world with many moving parts. That explains why one of the leading causes of death in the US comes down to medical misdiagnosis or errors. That was something I read a while back. We are all designed to live in a much simpler world, but everything has been transformed dramatically in the last 200 years. Look at software bugs. They happen all the time. Debugging is a part of programming itself, with complete eco systems built around helping you find and track bugs. You only find the bug AFTER it has broken the code.

Where I do agree with you Doc is that checklists are valuable tools. The Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber was considered unflyable at first, since they had many crashes and lots of casualties. However, they found that with the use of checklists the complex Superfortress could indeed be flown safely and it spawned the entire pilot checklist practice that has endured until today. In fact, there were experiments done by WHO in medical practice in surgeries to adopt checklists, as a result of this piloting practice. The surgeons were arrogant and reluctant to use such basic methodology, yet the experimental data showed it significantly cut death rates. Even while the data was in, other hospitals were still relucatant to use them. That is until the hospital using the checklists had one of the best (if not the best) survival rates in the country.

For those interested in this stuff, I recommend reading The Checklist Manifesto. I enjoyed the book. Now where is my affiliate link...

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
This doesn't really relate to above other than site security.
I have in the last few purchased my own site domin I.E. https://www.databasedreams.co.uk Because it's a new domin anybody who downloads gets a warning not sure how long it's gonna be a new domin but the site host is checkng on it.
my host found this which seems to relate to most major browsers
So now anybody trying to start out gets the finger.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As I understand the article, @MickJav, it thinks the file is one that contains code in a context that could be a virus threat. (Not that it has scanned the file, but rather it is a type of file for which viral injection is known to happen.)

Dreamweaver

Local time
At present all my files Are Zip Files which up until I added the new domin had been downloaded thousands of times.
I even paid for domin security but got a good deal for 5 years term.
I do Have an installer but not the funds for a certificate at present As I keep being put on furlough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom