Stop the ghost thread notifications? (2 Viewers)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:43
I don't think I have ever seen it.

Are they like dead people?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:43
I'm using ignore on 2 people

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
good point tho, Jon, I never thought to assume it might well be part of the Ignore thing! It just flashed the number 17 to me, although it was in the 150's when I quit AWF for a week or so due to being busy. so i guess it accumulates, but then jumps around.

Ignore feature definitely sounds like a likely root cause. something is building up, but then goes down

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'll unignore all of mine. No easy way of exporting :(, and see what that does.

Edit: Now clean of ignores.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:43
I'm sure I do not see this but I cannot guarantee that I have never seen it. The problem in certainty is that when I was still a VERY new moderator (as opposed to now being mostly new but with a little tarnishing), the notifications baffled me. I was never sure whether I was doing the right thing at the time so it COULD have been me being fat-fingered.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Nope, not a blind bit of difference? :(

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm sure I do not see this but I cannot guarantee that I have never seen it. The problem in certainty is that when I was still a VERY new moderator (as opposed to now being mostly new but with a little tarnishing), the notifications baffled me. I was never sure whether I was doing the right thing at the time so it COULD have been me being fat-fingered.
This is something I don't think you would miss. When refreshing the page, you'd see a red notification number (1, 20, 50, whatever) 'flashing' (remaining for about 1-2 seconds MAX), and then 'settling' on whatever the correct number was--whether that be not at all, or a lower number.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Jon,
Not sure if you have the ability to amend the message, but this is what you get when you ignore a forum.?

Note: You do not see any threads belong to this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom