Stored Proceudre and Access 2000 (1 Viewer)

gjblackford

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:26
Hi,

I have a Stored Procedure spOtherQuals which takes 1 Parameter (Year) and returns a data view, what I am trying to do is find a way in Access 2000 to pass the parameter and open the SP in a Table like view (like what happens when calling docmd.openstoredprocedure), does anyone know how this can be achieved.

Thanks,

Gavin,

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
hi there

are you using a .adp or a .mdb?

gjblackford

Registered User.
Local time
an ADP, makes it a pain as I could just reference a function in MDB

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
One way to envoke a stored procedure with parameters is to use the ADO command object.

here is a good link

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=185125

This may look more complicated than you wanted it to be, but if you learn this method now then it will be easier for you if you learn .net or something in the future

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
One way to envoke a stored procedure with parameters is to use the ADO command object.

here is a good link

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=185125

This may look more complicated than you wanted it to be, but if you learn this method now then it will be easier for you if you learn .net or something in the future

gjblackford

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the help, in the end I found an easier way, I updated the orignal view, and used a select query in a datasheet form, not as eligant or as good for performance, but as the form is used once or twice a month it was not worth spending the extra time on it.

Susan Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:26
Thanks for this, just exactly what I needed to know, you just saved me about 100 pages of reading. We are using this at work already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom