strange error message in query (1 Viewer)

dkirk02

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:25
Ok, I know that Access can be a little flaky at times, but this one deserves to be put out there! Could someone take a look at this error that I am receiving and tell me what they know?
I am building a make tbl query that only has two fields: cakes|countofcakes
when I try to run it as a make table query, this is the message that I receive:
"The existing query 'count of cakes' will be deleted before you run the query. Do you want to continue anyway?"
A colleague has suggested that the tbl needs a primary key, but this does not help matters.
I am stumped. Can anyone shed some light??

Thanks in advance,
Deeta

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:25
This message is correct, you are not appending data, but making a complete new table with the selected data. Each time you run this query, it will delete the table that it made previously and set up a new table with the name selected.

If you don't want your users to see this message, then you could incorporate into your code to turn the messages off, but then you should turn them back on after running.

[This message has been edited by Carol (edited 12-14-2001).]

M

mrabrams

If the message actually reads "The existing query 'count of cakes'will be deleted before you run the query. Do you want to continue anyway?" it means you named the query the same as the table.
If you are making a "Make Table" the message should read ""The existing table 'count of cakes'will be deleted before you run the query. Do you want to continue anyway?"

Let us know.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom