Student, Access beginner (1 Viewer)

msmith20

Local time
Today, 13:32
Hello, I am a new user of Microsoft Access, and I am having a lot of trouble. I have to design a database for my school as part of a project for an IB ITGS class, which the school will then use to track students signing in and out during lunch, and I've run into trouble with it. I figured this would be a good place to come to.
The database, ideally, will use a barcode scanner to record time in and time out without the students scanning their IDs ever having to see the form, or click anything on that form. I don't know if this is possible, but I am about to scour this website to try and find out. Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
There are a lot of School Database examples on this forum. Some small, some quite advanced. You can use the search features for some ideas.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I have to design a database for my school
That could mean "as a homework assignment" or some kind of project you have to hand in, or it could mean for the school to use to administrate something. I suspect the former. At any rate, welcome to AWF! Search the forum for your Access problem and if you can't find a prior thread on the issue, feel free to create your own.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:32
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to AWF. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom