Sub form not updating after update (1 Viewer)

Carolanne89

Local time
Today, 17:03
Hello I work in healthcare and have inherited a database from a colleague.
It is an established database with 66k entries on the table
My previous colleague has created this database but there are lots of broken links, unnecessary forms and queries. To make things worse he called the forms and queries weird and wonderful names and it is difficult to try and figure out what is what.
Anyway I have updated the database to the best I can to make it more user friendly but I am having a problem getting a sub form to update afterupdate.

I am relatively new to access so I don’t understand all the terminology always

there are 2 forms: inperson and telephone
I have the same sub form on both of these forms.

on the inperson form the sub form automatically updates when you enter the persons name and date of birth (linked master and child fields). This populates all the previous contacts we have had with this person

on the telephone form, using the same sub form it will not update when we put the persons name and date of birth in. After the record has been entered and I click back the information is on the sub form so I know the sub form is able to gather that information. But I cannot get it to update as we are typing the information in

it is really useful for us to know how many previous contacts we have had with the person as we are typing it in, in real time

both inperson and telephone forms save data to the same table

any advice?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes.
Please post this question in the forms section, where it will likely get more attention.Or a mod might move it for you.
I would compare one against the other, particularly in regard to the control events where you enter a patient's details.

If that does not work, consider loading enough of the DB for us to see the problem, with a small subset of the data.
Create a new DB and copy what is needed into that for upload. Compact and zip it before upload.

To hide any personal data, run this code against your copied data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom