Sub-reports or report grouping and bypass subreports. (1 Viewer)

Desiderata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:10
I'm a noob and trying to get as much report functionality as I can without using code.

My desk reference, Access 2010, the Missing Manual, [Access 2010: The Missing Manual, Mathew MacDonald] notes that the subreport is a holdover from earlier versions of Access and that users should focus more report grouping and bypass subreports.

Is this true? If so, might it be possible (and nice) to avoid the two-step process for creating subreports, or do I need a new desk reference?

Looking forward to your responses!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:10
I'm a noob and trying to get as much report functionality as I can without using code.

My desk reference, Access 2010, the Missing Manual, [Access 2010: The Missing Manual, Mathew MacDonald] notes that the subreport is a holdover from earlier versions of Access and that users should focus more report grouping and bypass subreports.

Is this true? If so, might it be possible (and nice) to avoid the two-step process for creating subreports, or do I need a new desk reference?

Looking forward to your responses!
I would disagree with that statement. There are situations in which subreports are the tool to use and there are situations where grouping is the tool to use. It isn't a one-size-fits-all situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom