Subform does not display records (1 Viewer)

samia

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:20
Greetings everybody,

I'm trying to transfer a community clinic's data form paper based to computer based using access database. Basically a patient has many visits to the clinic, during each visit a number of investigations can be requested by a number of doctors, and they get treatment (many).
I've created the tables, however I'm kind of confused on how to handle the forms (I know of main form & subform)....but it is not showing the data I enter into the subform, though when you opent the visit table the data is there.

Secondly how would I move to include the other forms. Database is attached.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Codb.mdb
    500 KB · Views: 166

samia

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I forgot. The appointments table eventually we would like to be able to printout appointment weekly. One thing here is a patient may come in today and is given an appointmnt two weeks after, however because something comes up and they are not feeling well they can come anytime. And also someone may be given an appointment and they miss it by 1 mth, 1 wk etc etc we would like to be able to report all this.

Thanks in advance,

Raymond

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 03:20
Do you have the Data Entry property of the subform set to 'yes'?

samia

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Gurman for the quick reply, yes I've the Data Entry property set to yes.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
Setting the data entry property to a form means that it will always start blank, and not show exisiting records but only those records entered during the time you have it open. If you enter 5 records and then close it and then reopen it will then show 0 records.

If you want all records to appear, then change the DATA ENTRY property to NO.

samia

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I thank all who've tried to help me out. However, I'm still stuck. I've tried all and I have'nt succeeded. Maybe my design is wrong in the first place.... maybe I confused you with my question. I don't know... I would to transfer a paper based system to and electronic system. Therefore we'll input patient information once into the database. When patient visits the clinic they are given appointments when to return. And on each visit to the clinic they record complaints and several tests (routine) show my concept is:

tblpatients
patientid
Name

tblvisits
visitid
patientid (FK)
visitdate

tblappointment
Appointid
AppointDate
PatientID (Fk)

tbltreatmt
Treatid
Visitid (fk)

should I just resort to two tables tblpatients and tblvisits and move all the other fields into table visits? 2ndly Should I have just main form with a button to goto visit form? How would i enter data with in my database bearing in mind that the general information will be entered once only but the visit details everytime the patient comes in.

Thank you in advance,

Raymond

samia

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I think I got the answer. what I want is form that opens to a record related to what is displayed on the main form -- a synchronized form!! :D someone on another forum help,

Thank you all anyways,

I appreciate... bye - need to read on synchronized forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom