SubForm Link (1 Viewer)

c_shutty

Local time
Today, 03:47
I have a form in access 97 with a subform built into it. on the main form there is a combo box with a list of company products and when I select a product I want the subform to only show data that relates to that particular product. The state of the form at the moment is that I can select a product from the list and the subform shows all details for all the products (With out the filter), but when I go to the design of the form and back to the normal form view it works! I find this very strange and can’t find an explanation. On the properties of the subform I have linked the parent and master fields but when I did this I found it strange that on the subform field liner the result showed up as - Show <SQL Statement> for each record in tblProduct using ProductCode. (Shouldn’t it have a table or query name instead of <SQL Statement> )

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
did you try requerying the subform after the update event of the combobox?

c_shutty

Local time
Hi Charityg, have have tried requerying the subform and querys etc but still no luck! can you think of anything eles?

I can't understand why it works after going into the design view and back to the normal view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom