Subform Recordset not Updatable (1 Viewer)

DALeffler

Registered Perpetrator
Local time
Today, 06:00
Hi, good people!

The problem I'm having is that the query recordset for a subform is not updatable, and not because of the properties of the subform.

This subforms' query consists of a main query with a nested subquery and the nested subquery in turn has it's own subquery. And to boot, the "middle" query is a totals query. So even running the subform query by itself (as a parameter query) results in a recordset that I can't update - and I really need to be able to update it! Well, one T/F field in the returned recordset...

So my thought was to open the query recordset in code, write the pertinent record keycodes to a public variable (or a controls tag property) using an added function call in the main query, and then have the subforms recordset be based on a query calling a function that returns those keycodes through function calls and where clauses.

Would this give me a record set for the subform that is updatable?

If not, any ideas?

Doug.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:00
Totals queries are never updatable. Nor are queries that join to totals queries. If you can eliminate the totals query, your recordset will probably be updatable. You may be able to replace the totals query with DSum(). This is less efficient but it may be your only alternative short of an unbound form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom