Sudden break in communication between Access and SQL Express (1 Viewer)

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
Change a password? Where did this message come from? More specific please.
It is a bit hazy, because I was more concerned about the loss of connection, but I distinctly remember the message and it appeared (although I am not 100%) that I had to change the password which is used to enter the specific DB. I was prompted with New Password and Confirmation of New Password.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
This should not be the case if you run the startup procedure (__ShowMe_StartModule.StartApplication) first.

... You only need to adjust the server and database name in this mask.
View attachment 108690

The values are stored in the table "usys_DbmsConnection" and can also be filled via add-in (DbmsConnectionWizard).
Hi Josef P, after some time I tried looking into your suggestions, but have been unable to figure it out. Unless I have missed it, your download does not have a form with an example. I do not know what the login form is about. Do I just login once and thereafter I do not need to enter the login data? For login Username do I put the login to the SQL Server and similarly for the password?

If my db = VF1 and a table in the db = tblBuilding, can you please provide an example how to SELECT * FROM tblBuilding?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom