Sum Error on my subform (1 Viewer)

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:36
I'm banging my head again the my desk because to this..Something suppose to be simple..

I have a form that have a calculated field which generate a series of numbers. Correct and usuable numbers. Now, all I want to do this is to total (Sum)that numbers up at the Form Footer.. I have a Text Box control on the form footer for this. And formula on the Text box control is this..
=Sum ([Dhrs]*[Davg]). I got error everywhere on my form when I open the form..I have been trying using NZ Sum etc.. still have the same problem.. Any help would be grateful...Tank You..

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Please provide more info on the problem/opportunity for which your "calculations" are intended to support.

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Thank You for respond.. To my post..Here is error message. In attach pic below. I got Error on all Calculated field..anywhere on that form..

Attachments

• subformerror.png
    subformerror.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 139

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:36
You footer needs to include the "report" reference to the controls be summed, etc., not merely the control.

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Thank You for trying to help.. I really appreciated.. May be i'm not too clear about this..
I have a form that contained subform, Everything work as I wanted to, except when I try to apply the TotalSum on One column on the footer of my subform, See Attach screen. I wonder if there is any other way that I can SUM up that column...Let me know .. Thanks for your help..

Attachments

• ErroronForm.jpg
    ErroronForm.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 132

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:36
I think you cannot do Sum on Calculated fields, you have to take the formula of the Calculated field and then Sum on that formula.

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
can you give me an example base on the formula that I have on my screen? Lets see If I can get this corrected.. Thank You...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:36
you can use Eval function on your footer, provided your Calculated field is DAvg:

=Nz( Eval([DAvg]), 0) * Sum(Dhrs)

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you.. I will definitely try this out.. I will let you know, how this goes..Again, Thank You for taking your time helping me out..

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Still got the error message..Is there a command that I can copy the result and paste the value to a new column. So that I can sum up the new column..?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Perhaps you should post a copy of your database.

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Great idea, I may have to that.. jdraw, how do I post a database in this forum?

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
OK.. I'll let you guys take a stab at my problem.. See if anyone have any idea. Seem to be simple but turned out to be a major headache.. All I need is to sum up the last column on the Subform or Main Form just like what I have on other column.

Thank You for you time..

Attachments

• AWCS Prod Tracking.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 108

rxm01l

Registered User.
Local time
Any help on this...?:banghead: Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom