Supply two values from one combobox (1 Viewer)

wem3rd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:19
Can one combobox supply more than one field?

A combobox supplies the data for one field in the form, and I would like to supply a second field with different data from the same record in the combobox. The combobox is linked to a small table of standards.

One click would fill both fields in the form with no misspelled or wrong input.

I doesn't seem make sense to use cascading combos in this instance. When the user would select a rate of work, it is saved on the form's underlying table. The description of that rate needs to be saved as well.

Thanks for any tips!

wem3rd

Last edited:

wem3rd

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Uncle Gizmo! I will review both videos with interest. How might I sign up for your YouTube?

wem3rd

wem3rd

Registered User.
Local time
Setting the control source property with =[SvcCombo].[Column](1) populates the form's field successfully, however the field no longer is related to its underlying table. I have not figured out how to make this happen.

????
wem3rd

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 10:19
Setting the control source property with =[SvcCombo].[Column](1) populates the form's field successfully, however the field no longer is related to its underlying table. I have not figured out how to make this happen.

????
wem3rd

That is how it will works when he control source is another control. It only displays the data on the form from the other control

I think what you need is in the after update event of the rate combo box you need to set the value into the other control that needs to have the control source bound to a field int eh table.

Code:
Me.MyControlname =Me.SvcCombo.Column(1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom