Solved Suppress system message in vba (1 Viewer)

PaquettePaul

Local time
Today, 09:52
When I use the OutputTo command to generate and store a pdf, the system throws up a brief message regarding that activity. I would prefer to suppress this message.

Using the set warnings code does not affect this display. i tried a set display option using the Application command but that is no longer supported.

Does anyone know how to switch the display on and off using VBA?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:52
Yes, I saw a message box flash quickly but could not read it. I think this is a Windows message and managing it, if possible, would be with API code.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:52
If you open the DB, select the FILE tab, and explore the Options >> Current Database panel, there MIGHT (stress MIGHT) be a way to tell it to limit your messages. The problem is that you probably want the other messages that would also be suppressed because they would tell you if something bad just happened.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:52
When the messages are coming from Windows, you need to find the Windows security setting that is causing them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:52
The thing is, I'm not sure that message is coming from Windows. IF you were actually using Adobe to create the output file, you would of course have to diddle with Adobe settings. Windows would get involved because you would be passing something to software that would have to run in a separate memory segment and thus be a separate task. Clearly, that would be within the wheelhouse for Windows messaging.

The issue is that you can create that file without using Adobe because Office has a built-in .PDF generator. When I do my taxes via one of the well-known tax software packages, they use a device driver that generates .PDF output. But when I do my genealogy outputs to the .PDF format, I don't have the Adobe creator package OR that .PDF pseudo-printer driver... but the conversion still works.

I believe I'm working from a library of Office because I recall that .PDF output is one of the conversions you can selectively include. So it MIGHT be possible to suppress the messages in Access, though you would have to find the right settings to make that happen. Therein lies the difficulty. When I first started using Access I commented to a friend who was a Paradox user, "Paradox limits what you can see but Access lets you see everything. I don't know whether that is a blessing or a curse." There are days when I'm still not sure.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:52
OutputTo command to generate and store a pdf, the system throws up a brief message regarding that activity.
there is no cure. some says API to "catch" the window then "hide" it. before you can hide it, it is already been displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom