Supressing Beep (1 Viewer)

ions

Access User
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Dear Access Expert.

I don't want MS Access to produce a beep when I pop up a msgbox of any type.

For example this produces a beep.

Code:
MsgBox "This site has no Services to copy.", vbInformation

I want to supress the beep in the entire application as I and other users find it very annoying.

Thanks

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
I'm not aware of such parameter that would suppress beep. I don't know if this is relevant but long ago, we wanted sounds on my work computer at my previous employment totally suppressed. We turned off the volume and disabled the sound driver. Guess what? This sucker still beep! We were very annoyed and after some research, turns out that to disable this beep was a wholly separate procedure - you had to go to non-plug-and-play devices and disable "Beep" then restart the computer to do just that. I don't know if that is what you want since you seems to only want to disable the beep for Access applications rather than for everything as was my case.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:45
If you're using Access 2007 I wonder if this would work:

Office Button > Access Options > Advanced > scroll down to General section > untick Provide Feedback with Sound > OK.

I think there's something similar in older versions --> Tools > Options > probably General tab > Provide Feedback with Sound.

ions

Access User
Local time
Thank you for your responses.

Banana - Funny story and yes just supress sound for Access.

VBAInet - Provide Feedback with Sound was already unticked unfortunately.

I didn't realize it was NOT that Easy to do. If it's this complex I guess I can live with it and so can other users.

Thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:45
Worth a shot! I didn't think it was going to be that easy since it's a Windows sound.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 08:45
I run Access 2003 and 2007, and have never had this problem.

Whenever I set up a new computer, I always wipe out ALL the Windows-sounds as one of the first actions.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 02:45
Sorry, I responded to the wrong thread. Moving it to the correct one now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom