T-SQL to copy contents of OutLook Folder (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:34
Good afternoon AWF...

I am having issues getting the contents of an Outlook folder into my Access(SQL BE) tables. Long story and it isn't that big of a deal but I was wondering if it is possible to do from stored procedure in SQL.

I am confident it is but I am unsure of the syntax...

Has anyone here done anything like this?

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:34
I was wondering if it is possible to do from stored procedure in SQL.
Nope! - T-SQL runs inside SQL Server and there is (almost) no option to communicate to the outside world.
The options that do exist (xp_cmdShell, CLR-Integration) are usually restricted.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Thanks Sonic8, I was hoping for a different answer but at least now I can stop chasing my tail!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hello the DBG, I did see that article and I wasn’t sure if it was what is was looking for. I guess I could try and fumble around, I just might get lucky.

As to 3rd party add-in’s, our IT is a contracted entity who, because of restrictions imposed my the DoD, have us on complete lock-down. Only approved software gets installed and it takes an act of God to get something approved and I doubt if even He would have that kinda juice!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:34
Hi John. Good luck! I know what you mean. Working for the DoD can be a pain. I should know since I have to deal with it everyday. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom