Tabbed documents (1 Viewer)

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:24
I have a database with about 30 users, and some of those users need tabbed documents to be set, which they do manually every time the database is updated. Is there a way that I can set 'Tabbed documents' in code for those users? I can identify the users.

Robert

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:24
Tabbed documents is the default Access setting.
However if you use overlapping windows option and distribute with that setting, that's what users will see.
So change it to tabbed documents before releasing updates

Personally I wish there was a way of setting the default for a new database to overlapping windows as I hate tabbed documents

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Robert. Sounds like you may be using a non-split database. Can you please confirm if your database is split? Thank you.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:24
What do you mean "need" tabbed documents? No one "needs" tabbed document view. They might prefer it but it is a preference. I'm with Colin on this one. I dislike tabbed view and never use it. This setting cannot be changed on the fly. If it could be, I would develop in overlapping view and distribute in tabbed view since some people seem to like it. I still wouldn't allow multiple active forms though.

onur_can

Local time
I also don't like tabbed documents or forms. I change this option to overlapping forms with every application I do. I believe this gives users more flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom