Tabbed form - tabs no longer visible/selectable. (1 Viewer)

carlton

Local time
Today, 10:40
The form I have has 5 tabs some for database interrogation, some for user information.
When recently opening the form all the tab headings are no longer displayed. They are all present in Design view, and set to visible=true. Any ideas on the cause/solution?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:40
goto Access Option
on Current Database, select "Tabbed Documents" and tick "Display Document Tab".

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:40
Hi. There's also another property for the tab control (I can't remember what it's called), make sure it's not set to None. Also, check the Tab Height property.

carlton

Local time
Today, 10:40
goto Access Option
I tried this, no change. it was all working correctly yesterday. The contents of the tabs have all moved to the far right of the tab. On moving them ack. I can't resize the width of the tab page.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:40
hi carlton,

would you post a screen shot of the:
1. design view with tab control selected and Property Sheet set to show Format
2. form view
?

thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:40
Hi. There's also another property for the tab control (I can't remember what it's called), make sure it's not set to None. Also, check the Tab Height property.
Hi. I finally got a chance to look. I was referring to the following properties of a Tab Control.

Tab Fixed Height, and
Style

Hope that helps...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:40
I believe that has nothing to do with a tab control which is what the OP is asking about. That is for opening forms and reports in a tab view rather than overlapping windows.

@carlton - did you add any pages to the control before you noticed the issue? You might have laid a new one over top of everything else.

arnelgp

Local time
sorry, its a tab control on the form.
check and adjust the height (make it smaller) of the subforms within each tab.
when you adjust the subforms, adjust also the height of the tab control.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi carlton ,

Arne has a good point. Perhaps one of the subforms in on top of the tab control, not IN it!

In the design view, when you click on different pages of the tab control, do you see the controls change?

if so, then as theDBguy mentioned, make sure the Style property isn't set to None (Format tab on the Property Sheet of the tab control -- to select the tab control, click at the top of it, to the right of the tabs)

if you're still having a problem, please read my previous post and show us some screen shots. Thank you

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Micron also mentioned layering.

Subforms will always be on top of other things unless they are on a page in the tab control. If this is the case, select the subform, cut it, and then click on the page of the tab control where you want it to be, then paste.

arnelgp

Local time
@Arne has a good point. Perhaps one of the subforms in on top of the tab control, not IN it!
even when it is IN the correct page, if it exceeds the access window and the form has a Form Header and
the Tab control is in Detail section of that form, the tendency of the detail is to "Scroll down", thereby hiding the Tabs.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
even when it is IN the correct page, if it exceeds the access window and the form has a Form Header and
the Tab control is in Detail section of that form, the tendency of the detail is to "Scroll down", thereby hiding the Tabs.

aah, yes! good point, Arne

carlton, perhaps tabs are still there but you have to scroll up to see them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom