"Table" Design Question (1 Viewer)

joebater

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
Hi there

I'm creating a database to track information about components bought by the engineering company I work for. These requirements are generally sent out as excel spreadsheets, completed and then returned. I've written a db which can read the responses in and process with queries in what is I guess the normal way...

Up until now, these SS's have consisted of four columns following a standard format, "Item Number", "Feature", "Requirement" and "Response" which maps quite nicely as Fields in a table...

Now, I've been given an SS which doesn't have anything like such a neat structure. There are items which require responses based on a mixed number (columns) of conditions.

Mycurrent thinking is that the best way forward is to produce a number of tables relating to this component each neatly mapping columns to a field. But if so then I lose the overall "neatness" that each table refers to a particular requirements _document_. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I might "spoof" that a series of tables (of dissimilar structure) are a single pseudo-table?

Am I talking gibberish?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Blue Skies
j.

joebater

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
Thanks anyway - figured a solution at about 2am this morning!

Anyone know how to remove/close a thread?

blue skies
j.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 02:56
Edit the first post of the thread and check the 'Delete this post' box at the top. Deleting the first post deletes the entire thread, even if there are replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom