Table Set Up-Option Group or Linked Combo Box? (1 Viewer)

B

Byoung1

Ok here's what I've got. I have a database that includes a table for employee uniform sizes, I'm trying to conceptualize how to build the tables to make running reports effective. Here's what I want to do. I want to be able to enter the data in a form and run a report that shows the uniform sizes for all employee's.
So this is what I've got so far.

tblUniformComponents
idsUniformEntryID-Primary Key-Auto Number
chrEmployeeID-foreign key
chrPoloSize
chrCargoPantSize
chrPleatedSlackSize
chrJacketSize
chrRainSuitSize

So my idea is that the uniform sizes will be set up as option groups, where Small=1, Med=2, Lg=3...etc. So when you look at the table in each row you will see the employee number and a bunch of #'s symbolizing the uniform sizes. The problem I'm having is when I run a report I get the employee ID, Name, and for the uniform sizes I get a bunch of numbers. What I would like to see on the report is the actual sizes. Is there any way to have the report show a specific size associated with the numbers so we don't have to have a key for what size "1" corresponds with?

I have another idea but it I think it's way to much space for what I'm trying to accomplish. It would have the table above but instead of each uniform field being an option group, each field would be linked to another table with sizes specific to that uniform field (because the shirt and pant sizes are different). With this option I end up with 8+ tables and a whole bunch on linked combo boxes. However it is very simple for me to run a report that shows actual sizes.

I'm fairly new at this so I hope I've got my head on straight.
Any Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom