Tailoring a Form (1 Viewer)

Petersen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:01
I'm new to Access, so I apologize if this question is simple. I have a list of 100 potential questions. I want the user to select ten of the 100 questions. I want those 10 questions to be imported into a particular form.

I built a table then pared it down with a query but I don't know how to transfer the 10 selected questions to the new form since the field names change.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Help please.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:01
I can't quite tell from your question, but, I would guess that your tables need to be redesigned. It sounds like you have a table with some key designation and 100 columns for questions. I suggest you change the design so that you have a table with a single row for each question. The key would be whatever key you are currently using plus question number.
So instead of:
Key, ques1Text, ques2Text, ques3Text, etc.
You would have:
Key, quesNum, text
Key, quesNum, text
Key, quesNum, text
etc.

I would need to know more about the app to give you details on how to proced from here. But in general, you would have a form that lists the questions with a button control to select them for additional processing. Perhaps copy them to a temp table. Then the form you are having trouble with now would use the temp table as its recordsource and would only show the questions that were previously selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom