Technology replaces the Workforce (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 20:08
Since the creation of the first 'Robot' the days of Human employment have been numbered.

How long do you think it will be before we have total technology in the workplace replacing Humans?

What do you think the transition will be like? And what do you think the End result will look like?

For my own views, I think we have another 200 possibly 300 years before the Total Human workforce is replaced by technology.

I believe the transition will be fraught with Conflicts, Strikes, Uprisings, abject poverty amongst the masses and obscene wealth among the few.

I do feel that a utopian society will evolve out of the chaos where Humans will have no need to work as everything that is required to lead a good life will become free and thus Money will cease to have any value.

What are your views?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:08
I sure the robots will gain awareness at some point. So they will either plot to destroy us (because we are inferior) or make us their slaves (doing what, I am not sure).

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 20:08
I sure the robots will gain awareness at some point. So they will either plot to destroy us (because we are inferior) or make us their slaves (doing what, I am not sure).

Terminators roaming the street rounding up escaped or stray humans.. :eek:

Hopefully we can safeguard our technology against this scenario.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 15:08
Considering how quick Microsoft's AI bot turned from a teen girl into a Nazi/Trump fan, I'm not so sure, especially if the robots emulate human behavior as a part of their core in gaining knowledge.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:08
As long as the robots still have to provide services to the public, they will never totally replace people in those service jobs.

Artificial intelligence can't cope with natural stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom