Testing custom Ribbons - How? (1 Viewer)

Wedgels

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:14
I have just moved to Access 2007 from 2003 so I am currently going through the 'ribbon pain'.

I have a custom ribbon that shows all of my existing menu options from my old, easy to use and edit, commandbar but it doesn't currently load any forms. I am guessing that I need to write a callback function in the XML to load a VBA function which loads my form. In Access 2003 I could have my custom command bar loaded up at the same time as the main Access one so that I could test it in the design environment. How can I test the Ribbon in 2007 as I cannot seem to load up my custom ribbon in the design environment? If this isn't possible how do you debug the VBA code that the ribbon fires if you cannot run it in the design environment?

TIA.

Magster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:14
Hi,

I started to explain the callbacks to you, but I think others would benefit more if I just tell you where I got help. I bought Access 2007 Inside Out by John Viescas and Jeff Conrad. They explained ribbons and included a sample database which I was able to follow and implement successfully. And by the way, I never used XML before.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to utilize ribbons in their 2007 apps.

Hope this helps!

Oh - and yes you can edit the VBA code and watch how the ribbons fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom