Text box Multiple lines (1 Viewer)

mike30x

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:08
I am trying to type multiple lines in a text box after i type a line and hit enter i want to start a new line but this is not happening. Instead i have to mess around with the space bar one wrong move and the whole lot is all over the place.

Is there anything i can do or maybe there is a better way open to ideas??

:eek::confused::rolleyes:

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Change the "Enter key behaviour" property of the text box to "New line in field".

What information are you storing in the text box i.e. what is the purpose of multiple lines? The reason I ask is that if your are trying to store multiple bits of info for the current record then you should re-visit your table design and consider creating a new table that will allow you to have a discrete record for each new line.

Chris

mike30x

Registered User.
Local time
You may be sorry you asked...

I have a list of check boxes which are for the repair of a piece of equipment i have set the form up so that when you select a particaular piece of equipment the list of checkboxes changes to suit the piece of equipment. I was thinking of creating the list in a text box instead of individual labels to speed up the process and then lining up the check boxes beside the list as i have a lot of different pieces of equipment.

Any ideas??

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:08
Sounds like you should just use an option group. Placing controls on top of each other can cause issues.

mlai08

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
Sounds like you should just use an option group. Placing controls on top of each other can cause issues.

I agree with odin1701. However, if you really need to enter multiple lines in a text box, hold down Crtl and press Enter.

Mike

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Or is this what you are looking for (attached)...

Chris

Attachments

• checklist.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 651

robruhr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
Hold SHIFT, then press ENTER. That should do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom