Text boxes - Grow and shrink (1 Viewer)

Jaydub1991

Local time
Today, 08:18
Greetings,

I was unsure which section this belonged in, we have a database which has a number of functions, my knowledge is very limited on some things with access so excuse me if i need it broken down into more layman's terms.

1713429641312.png

So we have a notes section, which when you fill in the date and note will automatically drop down a new blank section below, so we can date stamp notes.
Issue is that if a lot of text is in the box its not visible, so would like to know if there was a way that the text box could automatically size dependant on the quantity of text and then not disrupt the new input box below.

1713429815544.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:18
You can resize a text box but that will impact all rows in a continuous form. Alternative is to hit F2

I usually size a text box to display (up to) 3 rows. If text is longer then you also have the scrollbar

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:18
if there was a way that the text box could automatically size
only on report, it is possible.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:18
Greetings,

I was unsure which section this belonged in, we have a database which has a number of functions, my knowledge is very limited on some things with access so excuse me if i need it broken down into more layman's terms.

View attachment 113739

So we have a notes section, which when you fill in the date and note will automatically drop down a new blank section below, so we can date stamp notes.
Issue is that if a lot of text is in the box its not visible, so would like to know if there was a way that the text box could automatically size dependant on the quantity of text and then not disrupt the new input box below.

View attachment 113740
Approaches can include using F2 to open the sizable Zoom box for any individual note. Font size is adjustable in a Zoom box (at least in newer versions of Access).
Another choice is to add a scroll bar to the text box; they appear when needed, i.e. if the text content exceeds the visible space.
And, of course, you can expand the height of the control to begin with in anticipation that some entries will require that much space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom