Text in cancelled post (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:20
Title is vague, but I have noticed that if you start a response to a thread, and then change your mind or realize it is not "on topic". You don't save or send that message, But you highlight and delete it. The next time you want to post a message, that "previously deleted text" is now present and acting kinda like the default message for that thread???? (may be other conditions, but this is one I have found a few times)

When I delete the text from such an unsent message/post, I would expect it to no longer exist/ vamoosed/ be gone!

If there is a simple key combination or button to eliminate this, I'd like to hear about it.
Thanks

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Micron. o_O

:unsure:erroneous detail removed

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You don't have to delete anything. Try it and navigate off of the thread and go back to it. Your text won't be there.
At first I thought the stickiness of my answer was mostly a pain, but discovered that all you need to do is make one wrong move one time (or whatever else can cause a post to go awry) and all of a sudden you're thankful.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:20
I just want to say ten four rubber duck, I know 10-4 means OK in CB talk, but I don't know where the rubber duck bit comes from? A rubber duck to me is a 360 degree excavator on rubber tires instead of tracks. Think Orenstein & Koppel --- O&K

The video shows a similar machine not an O&K, but I just had to share it because it's so fantastic!
Damitz mh6.6 mobil bagger

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Right, 10-4 "Rubber Duck", do you think it comes about because the rubber duck excavator has got O&K written on the side of it, Like - OK???

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My response to Micron was simple 10-4 (I got it!) The thumbs up was intended as a "perfect solution I'm thankful". I think the10-4 rubberduck was in a movie.....
However, your comment re rubber duck and the excavator prompts me to suggest some youtube videos at this site. I find him quite entertaining and hard working.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
That log splitter is something else! You wouldn't have thought that a little machine like that and that "splitter"arrangement would be so versatile....

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
There was a cb'er / truck driver song about a truck convoy on the radio many years ago. IIRC one of the spoken lines in that song was "10 4, rubber duck", rubber duck being the handle of the cb'er being spoken to. I always figured the expression lived on through that song.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I think Micron has "pegged the source"🦆

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That log splitter is something else! You wouldn't have thought that a little machine like that and that "splitter" arrangement would be so versatile....

He has several log splitters --the newest is on the skid steer, there was a vertical one which he modified to produce 4 ( or 6??) pieces at a time.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:20
Darn, Micron beat me to the origin of "10-4 rubber duck." Concur, it was in a song that was part of the theme of a movie about truckers. Both the song and the movie were called "Convoy." The song was sung by C.W. McCall.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:20
I wear my age proudly. (Since proudly or not, I'm going to wear it anyway.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom