The Afghanistan Debacle (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:30
Yeah, something isn't quite right about this. The DoD stopped painting equipment Olive Drab Green years ago and I am certain everything that was used by our forces was painted Desert Tan.

I could be wrong - I haven't been active since 2005 - but I am sure I have it right.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
All the articles say "appeared to fly"
Propaganda?
It's been done before . . .

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:30
Yeah, something isn't quite right about this. The DoD stopped painting equipment Olive Drab Green years ago and I am certain everything that was used by our forces was painted Desert Tan.

I could be wrong - I haven't been active since 2005 - but I am sure I have it right.

Now I'm kinda curious about these colors - named with great distinctive flair by the DoD, perhaps, but in practice hard to tell apart.

If I as a layman (not military) saw the plane in Jon's video I would have said "that's yellow". (except for the dark spots).

Regardless, what's this? It looks yellow (similar to Jon's video, or, aka Olive Drab Green, which really is yellow)
Taken from here
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/rus...nistan-photos-show-us-military-equipment-left

1630596254066.png

Here's one from NBC - it would have to be fake too, it's the same "yellow, aka Olive Drab Green"

1630596326093.png

Sorry John - I'm just playing devil's advocate, finally had my coffee this morning.
Need to get back to work. :)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Q: Why would we leave any weapons behind even small arms for our enemy?
A: This administration doesn't consider the Taliban the enemy anymore.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Q: Why would we leave any weapons behind even small arms for your enemy?
A: This administration doesn't consider the Taliban the enemy anymore.
Looks that way. Think back to the Obama administration were the phrase "radical Islam" was not allowed to be used and if even whispered was loudly condemned. The Obama administration was also bending over backwards to get a nuclear arms deal with Iran and refused (abstained) to object to a UN resolution to condemn Israel.

The Biden administration appears to be a continuation of the Obama administration. As one example of Biden restoring Obama's pro-Islamic outreach, Biden appears to want to establish a Palestinian Consulate in Jerusalem. More troubling, some Democrats have raised the volume of anti-Semitic sentiment. Recognizing the Taliban, as a legitimate, government does not appear to be that much of a stretch.

Did the US purposely leave all that military equipment behind in Afghanistan as an early form of "foreign aide"?:rolleyes:
The rapidity with which the US backed government fell to the Taliban raises the speculative possibility that the fix was in to actually help the Taliban win. (Based on some of the reporting, it seems that the administration was projecting the Taliban to win eventually (after 9/11/21), but not that quickly. Did the Taliban cheat?) That would also support the concept that the Biden administration would quickly recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government. All this of course would be "in the shadows" and never publicly acknowledged.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Did the US purposely leave all that military equipment behind in Afghanistan as an early form of "foreign aide"?:rolleyes:
I would just substitute the US for the CIA, lets face it we've been arming the Taliban's predecessors since the late '70s. We needed them to harass the Soviet Union.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do I want to think of my country's leaders as stupid or as traitors? Maybe we should take a poll. I wonder if the Commander in Chief can be court marshalled? No one in the Joint Chiefs has the balls though. They're too busy chasing White Supremists and worrying about pronouns.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Isaac, the "yellow" is the Desert Tan and the "green" is the Olive Drab. The DoD hasn't let aviation units "freestyle" on aircraft for quite sometime. That paint-scheme does not look familiar at all, but then again, I was not there.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I wonder if the Commander in Chief can be court marshalled?

No. But consider this...

A service(wo)man's Oath of Enlistment is:
"1, ____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

What is little known is that it is also an order of precedence with "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" taking the first spot.

If the CINC behaves outside of the Constitution, the American military members are BOUND by Oath to disregard any orders and remove him or her from office. A coup if you will.

Now consider the War Powers Resolution:
The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States.

Which means that since WWII, EVERY POTUS who has ordered troops ANYWHERE in excess of 60(90) days has violated their Oath of office and all military members are ignored their Oath of Enlistment.

But what do I know...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:30
The naysayers can say what they like, like the earth is flat, and underestimate the ability of the Taliban. Look how well that has gone so far. But in my view, the Taliban has now massively improved their capabilities. It is just a question of time before the tech is understood.

Isn't it the case that Biden lied to the American people, as leaked information suggested he wanted to cover up the real extent of the potential collapse of the Afghan army? Perhaps someone could clarify that for me. I've never seen so much double-speak from a president in my life. "It's Trumps decision to leave." "I would have left anyway." "My hands were tied because the deal was done (by Trump)." "There will be no Saigon moment." "It is highly unlikely the Taliban will take over due to the size of the Afghan army." "Touch wood, at least no one has died." "But that was five days ago!" "We conducted an amazingly good mission." I am paraphrasing, if only slightly.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
All the articles say "appeared to fly"
Propaganda?
It's been done before . .
9/11 maybe? There's a lot of speculation about whether or not the hijackers could actually have flown this type of jet aircraft after having basic training of small craft.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:30
I was watching a documentary about 9/11 here in the UK night before last. They rushed all the important staff into a bunker under the white house. They discovered that the bunker was antiquated, out-of-date by about 20 years! The TV's not working properly, you could watch something on the TV but you couldn't listen. You could listen and not watch! Stupid little things like this. Also there wasn't enough oxygen I recall they had to get rid of non-essential staff.

I mention it because I reckon it's 20 years since 9/11 and I wonder if your systems for monitoring terrorists may well have suffered the same fate as the bunker! Particularly with your political shenanigans, money might not have been spent where it should have been spent, you might be in for some trouble over there I reckon!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Biden and the useful idiots in the press happily welcome the Trojan Horse planes into my country and rave about how efficient the evacuation was and how many people were "saved". We don't know who these people are and we have not confined them to restricted areas where we have them currently stashed. Apparently, they can come and go through the base gates at will. And on the other hand, we have no idea of how many actual Americans or Afghan or UN allies we abandoned to die at the hands of the Taliban.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Isaac, the "yellow" is the Desert Tan and the "green" is the Olive Drab. The DoD hasn't let aviation units "freestyle" on aircraft for quite sometime. That paint-scheme does not look familiar at all, but then again, I was not there.
Gotcha. I'm apparently near color blind after all, we have a towel that I call green and my daughter calls blue.

No. But consider this...

A service(wo)man's Oath of Enlistment is:

What is little known is that it is also an order of precedence with "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" taking the first spot.

If the CINC behaves outside of the Constitution, the American military members are BOUND by Oath to disregard any orders and remove him or her from office. A coup if you will.

Now consider the War Powers Resolution:

Which means that since WWII, EVERY POTUS who has ordered troops ANYWHERE in excess of 60(90) days has violated their Oath of office and all military members are ignored their Oath of Enlistment.

But what do I know...

Is the War Powers Resolution part of the Constitution?

But yeah - nobody seems to pay that thing any attention. Not sure how they get away with it - I guess because presidents from both parties equally want to discard it. Anything both parties agree on won't be gotten rid of.

Another thing that really chaps me - the commerce clause. It is ridiculous how much the feds have used that to excuse their power grabs on E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. in the last however many years.
They should have stuck with the few enumerated powers the feds were supposed to have, with the rest left up to the states.

Loopholes. :(

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would blame it on the Supremes. They have all turned into activists instead of doing their assigned job which is protecting the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom