The data has been changed error (1 Viewer)

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:47
Access is connected to SQL Server database on Azure. When changing a record, all of a sudden I'm getting this error. Please help? Tried this idea (see link below) and didn't seem to work.

1676401917199.png

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...has-been/21a02e71-910b-4af7-8358-2a6f9305f25f

Note too please that I don't have a bit field (or if I do, default value = 0). This is often mentioned as the fix, but doesn't apply here.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 10:47
You are not the first to run into this situation. The problem is, quite often, that you have two different functions attempting to update records, perhaps a save on a form and an update query.

The solution that works most of the time is to add a "RowVersion" or "TimeStamp" field to your tables in SQL Server. Look for discussions on those topics; there are many.

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks - what's strange is I put a breakpoint on any/all code that would run upon data update and the error hits first before the code. And I added a field called "rowversion" that is a TimeStamp in SQL and was still getting the error. Any specific threads you suggest I look at? Thanks again.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Thanks - what's strange is I put a breakpoint on any/all code that would run upon data update and the error hits first before the code. And I added a field called "rowversion" that is a TimeStamp in SQL and was still getting the error. Any specific threads you suggest I look at? Thanks again.
Your internet search is probably as good as anything I could do...

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
By the way, "added a field" is sort of generic. Did you add this field to ALL of the tables in the SQL Server database?

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
So I'm just adding a timestamp data type to each table? And name it what I want?

Edit: I added it such a field to all tables - no joy.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:47
what was the last thing you do?
do you have code to Update your table via SQL update query while you are displaying
the record on the form?
that is the common mistake for this error message.
if you want to edit/update the record, while the record is being displayed,
don't use SQL update query.
because doing so, you have "old" version of the record on the form, while
on checking the record on the server it is more updated/recent.

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks - I had some SQL but commented it out for now... still getting the error.

Edit: I rechecked and cleaned out some other SQL and I think that may be it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom