The NEW America (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:28
KalelGmoon said:
Judging by the smilie am going to assume top yourself means either you are gonna vomit or your going to euthanise yourself.
The comment that I could be like an American made me throw up, now I'll top myself, I can't live with the shame and embarrasment

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KalelGmoon said:
what have you and Dan been discussing back and forth for the last day or so?

Has it really been that long? Man, I need to go and do some work :eek: :p

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 14:28
ColinEssex said:
ah, I see now. You have no problem with my original statement, you are just being difficult for the sake of it.

I trust you will be equally nitpicking of your American colleagues who are grammatically challenged? I have to say, if spelling was a criteria for world domination, the USA would fail miserably judging by the US postings on these forums.

Col

We're not the ones who constantly have to remind people how highly educated we are, remember? ;)

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 15:28
ColinEssex said:
I see that Mr Bush's answer is to send a further 20,000 troops to Iraq. That means at least 500+ will be going to their death. Never to see home or their children again - Nice one George.

The UK (I read yesterday) is due to pull out 5,000 troops from Iraq by May. (odd I can't find a ref for it though)

A question or two - why is the USA so hell bent on changing countries way of life to the "USA way"? why can't the USA just leave people alone?

I think thats what gets up peoples noses - the huge arrogance of the USA to do what it likes and sod everyone else. Then they inevitably screw it up and make things 100 times worse for everyone.

In almost any UK satire show, a guaranteed laugh is about the USA - it seems the USA is totally one big joke here, its always on TV or in the papers, satire about America, Americans, GWB - anything American is a huge joke. Sadly, thousands die for the cause and yet the USA still can't see it.

There was a US anti-war rally on the news last night, only 100 or 2 people turned up, indicating the lack of interest by the US people.

Col

Britain Policy?

Finally looks like a good change is goin to happen...diplomacy will not work with terrorists.

Is Europe catchin on?

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Britain Policy?

Finally looks like a good change is goin to happen...diplomacy will not work with terrorists.

Is Europe catchin on?
How do you think the terrorism from N.I. stopped? American warplanes and bullets:rolleyes:
Oh and don't quote Bliar, he's as big a twat as Bush:mad:

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
How do you think the terrorism from N.I. stopped? American warplanes and bullets:rolleyes:
Oh and don't quote Bliar, he's as big a twat as Bush:mad:

I thought with N.I Britain just got tired of fighting...and gave in...go figure.

I like Blair hes got some cahones. :D

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:58
KalelGmoon said:
Judging by the smilie am going to assume top yourself means either you are gonna vomit or your going to euthanise yourself.
Yes, "top yourself" is slang for commit suicide.

Reminds me of a joke...

"An ice-cream man was found dead in the back of his van today, covered with crushed nuts and chocolate sauce.
Police say he topped himself." :p

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
You mean like you did in 'Nam:confused: :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it...I beleive the purpose of Vietnam was to stop the spread of Communism throughout Asia...even though it wasnt popluar its long term effects are good.

I believe only Vietnam, N. Korea, China, and one other Asian country is Communist today...

Cant really say it was a bad thing...just unpopular.

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Now that I think about it...I beleive the purpose of Vietnam was to stop the spread of Communism throughout Asia...even though it wasnt popluar its long term effects are good.

I believe only Vietnam, N. Korea, China, and one other Asian country is Communist today...

Cant really say it was a bad thing...just unpopular.
Funny you mention China, now oustripping the US :rolleyes:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
The comment that I could be like an American made me throw up, now I'll top myself, I can't live with the shame and embarrasment

Col
Hehe... in American gay culture, "top yourself" has quite a different meaning. :D

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
Funny you mention China, now oustripping the US :rolleyes:

Theres not much you can do in terms of Economics when you have over a billion "consumers" and artifically keep your currency pegged low to make you products cheap.

Their currency doesnt fluctute with international market. The just raised it slightly beleive over the last few years.

Now with Democrats in power you can expect US-China relations to go downhill. Democrats dont like unfairness which hurts the US population...in terms of job loss and unfair competition.

You know how it goes.

Democrats "look out for people"
Republicans "look out for business"

The US trade deficit with China is astronomical in terms of dollars...hope the Democrats are tough with China...

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Kraj said:
Hehe... in American gay culture, "top yourself" has quite a different meaning. :D

:eek: I dont even want to know or go there...:p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Kraj said:
Thankfully, I'm referring to the UK version:cool:

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom