Go to the boxing ring guys!:eek:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 18:48
fuzzygeek said:
Go to the boxing ring guys!:eek:

Thank you mister Geek.
Sorry I tried to provoke outside the game field.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:48
jsanders said:
What do you find funny about it?
The depiction of a Catholic preist as a hero from The Matrix. I can't be the only one who finds that quite humorous...

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:48
Kraj said:
The depiction of a Catholic preist as a hero from The Matrix. I can't be the only one who finds that quite humorous...

I can see the humor in the fact that they are using an image from a pretty violent movie in an attempt to glorify what they do. I mean, helping people fight against sin (as it says in the article) is hardly a "glamourous" job. :D

R

Rich

They don't show the little boy hiding under the frock either:p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
no, but sadly true, therefore a justifiable political comment to make

Yes you’re absolutely right, because out of the 43,000 priest in the US 215 of them were accused.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Yes you’re absolutely right, because out of the 43,000 priest in the US 215 of them were accused.
And isn't the "church" trying to buy off accusers?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
I have to say that we've had about enough of cheap shot jokes about Catholic priests. On the other hand, it wasn't just the individual priests engaging in unacceptable (to put it mildly) behavior; the Church was systematically preventing abusive priests from being revealed and suffering the consequences. In my opinion, that's even worse.

The real cost is to all of the actual Christians in the Catholic Church (of which there are hundreds of millions).

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The real cost is to all of the actual Christians in the Catholic Church (of which there are hundreds of millions).
Well the church is wealthy enough

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:48
jsanders said:
Other than the victims, yes, I agree.

I deleted the post you quoted, btw, because I realized it was taking the thread in a direction not suitable for the new, friednly face of the watercooler.

statsman

Local time
Are there child molesters in the Catholic priesthood?...YES
Are all the child molesters in the world Catholic priests?...NO

At one time the church (like almost every other religious, business or other organization) tried to sweep it under the carpet. NOW, they call the cops.

If the victims of this abuse are so upset, why didn't they call the cops instead uf suing?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I thought it was pretty funny Kraj. Too bad the other two can't keep their little arguments in the other part of the forum and off your thread.

R

Rich

Yeah let's have censorship and a discussion group that doesn't discuss anything:rolleyes:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Rich said:
Yeah let's have censorship and a discussion group that doesn't discuss anything:rolleyes:

Certainly...because I went through and completely deleted all of your posts right?

Did you forget to take your pills this morning old man? You seem a little cranky. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom