Timetable Report-Urgent (1 Viewer)

andy15

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:36
Hi

For my coursework I am making a database for a school, and the aim is to create a booking system where teachers can book the ICT room. What I am trying to do is make a system where teachers fill in the booking information in a form, and then they will be able to view the timetable in a report through a query, including all periods that havent been filled. I would prefer if this was how it is done, because my write up states that is how I am doing it.

Unfortunatley this coursework has to be completed by next friday, so i would appreciate if someone could help me by this friday.

I've tried to upload my database so you can see what it is like but its coming up with 'The Access World Forums database has encountered a problem.'

I'm not very computer literate, so if you are able to help please remember this.

Thankyou

Andy

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
What have you tried so far?

andy15

Registered User.
Local time
Well my teacher was talking about trying to 'populate' the period field, so the query would also select all blank periods, but he wasnt sure how to do it.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It's not too difficult, open a New Query, add the relevant tables to it, add the fields you want displayed to the query grid, if there are records with fields in that have Nulls the query will display them

andy15

Registered User.
Local time
So are you saying I would need to create records for every period for every day, and then the teachers would edit that information? Because this project needs to be able to be used for a few years.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Not neccessarily, we'd need to see your table stucture first to be able to give further advice

andy15

Registered User.
Local time
I'll just try and upload the database onto the net.

andy15

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry i hate when people bump threads, but i reeeeaaalllly need some help on this, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom