toggling access form to filter mode by toggle filter button disable all buttons (1 Viewer)

owner

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:10
Dear All,

I comes to you with another challenge that i face when using button to convert the form to filter mode by
Code:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterByForm
it convert the form to be used to enter criteria to filter the records and this mode disable all buttons in the form and the only way to apply the filter is to use "Apply Filter/Sort" in the shortcut menu or by "Toggle Filter" button in the ribbon and all of these are great as long as we using default menus at runtime mode

But in real work we always restrict user actions by disabling default menus (referring to image bellow) and base our work to toolbar buttons or specific buttons in the form

Accordingly, when we try to simulate toggle filter command with
Code:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterByForm
the filter mode disable all buttons and no way to apply the filter while the default menus not available

So, appreciate your ideas to solve this challenge

navigationdisabled.PNG

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:10
Hi. Sounds like you may have to roll your own filtering function. It shouldn't be too hard. There are several approaches you can take. You can use macros or VBA.

owner

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:10
Hi. Sounds like you may have to roll your own filtering function. It shouldn't be too hard. There are several approaches you can take. You can use macros or VBA.
Dear theDBguy,

Indeed I do my own filtering function that I applied with many ways. However, It will be more efficient to use the default behaviour of filter mode with less code specially that provide you with a wide criteria to filter with "Or" tab provided when using filter mode.
Accordingly, we will merge "AND" with "OR" logic operator while filtering with no code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom