Transfer info from List Box to Text Box? (1 Viewer)

Alan R

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:57
Hi,

I have recently been given a project at work which i will be starting soon and as a bit of forward palnning (dangerous i know) i am giving some thought as to how i will implement certain elements of it.

One such element is the production of a Compliancy Certificate, this will detail the regulations / standards that each particular product meets. Not every product will be required to meet the same Regulations / Standards since they are dependent on the construction, use etc.

I would like to avoid having the user type in all the relevant regs / standards for each product everytime they need to create a new record so i thought about perhaps using a multi-select List Box containing all the Regulations / standards. The user could then select the relevant regs / standards in the List Box, click a command button which would then pass these details to Text Box on a form. This form would then be the basis for the Compliancy Certificate.

I know how to set up the List Box and make it Multi-select but i am not sure if i can implement a Command Button to 'pass' the selected entries into a bound text form. So my questions are:

1. Can i use a List Box as outlined above?
2. How would i go about achieving the data transfer aspect?
3. Is the use of a List Box the most optimum method?
4. If not, recommendations welcome.

Regards

Alan

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 01:57
yes and yes
have a look at the attached zip file and look at the button control
what this does is select some items in a table and inset them into the message field on the screen use this as the concept and adapt
so you have a list on the right and a button called signed
although this is for emails use the concept

this basically has a name of XX
a txt value of 55 chars
and a memo field of 65,000 chars
so we have 3 field to insert - hack it to your hearts delight ( Note 95% of this is someone elses work and not mine - not clever enough to do something like this)
the code behind the button inserts this into the message field (it uses look up code on memo fields - now if you need it to be more fancy then play around with it - this works well as long as you do not want any fancy formatting

Attachments

• emailer.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 328

Alan R

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:57
Gary,

Thanks for your reply and attachment, have already managed to achieve what i want to do but i can see where your attachment will prove handy.

Regards

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom