TransferSpreadSheet (1 Viewer)

neoartz237

Tensai
Local time
Today, 04:33
I have a w/ problem with TransferSpreadsheet, although it does the work fine but the thing is, I want to use the Tags not the original field name in the exported file.

My table's fieldnames are all numerical (semi-numerical J) to speed up the coding process, like "AATC0001" or "BC00439" and stuff, so I indicated what they are in their respective Tags, Hence "AATC0001"'s tag is Employee Number.

Now I've tried using the "OutputTo" thingy, and it did work but it limits you in just one Xls File/ Book, Im trying to output my table datas in a single book w/ multilple Sheets, hence I used the TransferSpreadsheet.

Please help me, its kinda urgent, thanks so much.

P.S. I do have a work around for it, but its friggin long :( It consists of opening the newly created XLS then manually changing the cell's values each. :( Please help

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:33
Write a QUERY in SQL to gather the data you want in the order you want it. You can also do this in the query design grid.

In SQL, the syntax you want is ....

SELECT .... [AATC0001] AS "Employee Number", [BC00439] AS "SSN", ...

In the query grid, where you specify the field,

"Employee Number":[AATC0001]

Or something very close to that. If you use the query grid, you can switch that to SQL view and see the AS clauses.

Then export the query to Excel, not the underlying table. The names will match the AS clauses.

neoartz237

Tensai
Local time
Today, 04:33
YEY!! It worked, thanks so much :(

Sadly I already made the manual version :(( So I guess I have to redo it again, hehehehe but no worries, thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom