Solved Trouble adapting Uncle Gizmos Checklist code. (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:24
you do it Once on Current event of the main form.
1. check first if the Checklist Count of records on each Tab is same as in your table.
2. if not same Add Only those missing records to the subform.

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 04:24
arnelegp, Thanks. When I got the code to run all was on a single form, now I've changed to tabs. I don't know how do do the code though. Assistance? Appreciate the prompt reply.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:24
Hi Terry I emailed you an updated version with a Tab control on the 17th of June, did you not get it?

HillTJ

Local time
Tony, I did. I used your code. See my database attached to my post #40. If you have time, please have a look. Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Tony, I did. I used your code. See my database attached to my post #40. If you have time, please have a look. Thanks

That's a beautiful piece of work Terry! Have a look at the zip file attached. I removed item 18 from the table:- tblSetNames... I might have to write some code to detect that type of error! I'm sure it will reoccur.

Attachments

• Hazard Assessment.zip
    141.4 KB · Views: 193

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I note that the checklist does not fill in automatically, I covered how to get this to work in this video here:-

Checklist Extras - Nifty Access

By the way there's more information on my website here:-

There's another video on that web-page that might be applicable to your project. "Checklist - How to Check ALL" You might want to have a command button to set a default value for all of the combo boxes. I demonstrate doing it for a checkbox, so the code is not instantly transferable into your system, it might need a bit of work. If you need some help let me know.

Last edited:

HillTJ

Local time
Tony, appreciate it. Will check out your other videos I next intend to put a control beside each checklist in the space to the right that will allow the user to navigate to attachments such as photos. That way the user may record evidence of that inspection. Yes, it's a good idea to include a check all button & I'll do that. Upon thinking about the project it would be neat to only include 'relevant' checklists for a particular location. For example, no point in having both 'vehicle' & 'office' in the same checklist! All my projects start out simple, but the "wish" list keeps growing!!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hi Terry, As I've already mentioned I like the look of your project, and in particular, it has a really nice set of understandable data based on safety inspections. I'm wondering if you would be happy for me to use it as an example in my videos?

HillTJ

Local time
Tony, i'd be honoured. You're welcome to use it as you please. I love your coverage of this topic. Also any thoughts on being able to select which checklists are to be used in a particular "location"?. My "hazard" assessment form is also on that database if it's of interest.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hi Terry to answer your question, I visited your sample database and I noticed something odd, some of the records displaying in the subform windows were duplicated. On further investigation I discovered that the child/master links weren't set up properly in some of the subform/subreport controls.

I've run into this problem before, and I have a solution which I have demonstrated in the video below. The video explains what I found and how to fix the issue. I'm hoping that others here will look at the video and hopefully be able to tell me what's actually gone wrong.

checklists are to be used in a particular "location"?
With regard to the issue you asked about, identifying the locations where the checklists are used, I need a bit more of an idea about what you want to see as a result, because there are several interpretations.

Subform/Subreport Control Child/Master Links Issue - Nifty Access

HillTJ

Local time
Tony, thanks. Yes i noticed that i mentioned it in a previous post. Glad you could fix. I'll have a look.

HillTJ

Local time
Tony, when I open frmMaster with your solution, I get an error message "Error #438 Object doesn't support this property or method". Have a look. Cheers Terry

Attachments

• Hazard Assessment (2).zip
    258.6 KB · Views: 185

arnelgp

Local time
apologies for steping in and with respect to Mr.G.

Attachments

101.2 KB · Views: 199

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Tony, when I open frmMaster with your solution, I get an error message "Error #438 Object doesn't support this property or method".

You have got a Typo:-
This line:- Me(strSubFrmWin & strSetID).LinkChildFieldss = "DataLinkID"

Should be:- Me(strSubFrmWin & strSetID).LinkChildFields = "DataLinkID"

Last edited:

arnelgp

Local time
added Line Number on the list.

Attachments

147.9 KB · Views: 221

HillTJ

Local time
Bit embarrassing guys! Thanks.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Bit embarrassing guys! Thanks.

Don't be embarrassed, in all my years programming, some of the hardest to find errors are my own mistakes! Usually a typo of some sort. I reckon I make at least one a day. I also recall in my early days, spending hours if not days trying to find a problem, only to discover it was a typo. I would have sworn blind that there was a bug in MS Access. If you find yourself thinking "there's a bug in MS Access" then that is a red flag, telling you, it's most likely YOU made a typo!

HillTJ

Local time
Guys, with your help the project continues. Alongside each checklist on the same tab, I'm trying to put a subform called 'frmRiskAttachments' where I can attach a 'link' to multiple photos that relate to that particular checklist & tab. Clearly, I need to link both MasterID:MasterID & DataSets:DataSets & will have to generate multiple forms similar to 'sformData'. If you have a better Idea I'm open to suggestions. Appreciate your help

Attachments

• Hazard Assessment.zip
    102.9 KB · Views: 197

arnelgp

Local time
did you see my sample? it doesn't use Multiple sformData. there is only 1 sformData. it only Use the Master/Child link fields.

HillTJ

Local time
Yes,arnelgp. I have downloaded it. Excellent, but i'm unsure how to link another subform to hold data that pertains to the particular checklist tab. I had an unsuccessful go. Please see my upload. As always appreciate your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom