Solved Trouble adapting Uncle Gizmos Checklist code. (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
pbaldy, cheers. Thanks for following up this matter.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:30
Somebody bought me a bottle of Southern Comfort, I now have a half-empty bottle of Southern Comfort!
Sounds like you don't like SC too much if you have half of it left. 🥴

I'd rather have half a bottle of JD left.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:30
happy birthday😷🍯

HillTJ

Local time
Uncle Gizmo, thanks. So this code will replace the code shown in post 18?. Neat. I'll give it a go. Thanks for doing this on your birthday.

HillTJ

Local time
Downloaded uncle Gizmos demo, I should be able to make sense of it. Thanks to all forum members who assisted me.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
In my younger days, in the UK, if you asked for bourbon, all you were offered was Southern Comfort
I presume you mean in a bar/tavern? I think bartenders size you up the moment you sit down and it goes either up or down hill after that. If you wanted to show a higher degree of 'sophistication' you would have asked for Maker's Mark because the first thing he/she probably did was consider your age. The conclusion likely was "this is just a kid who knows nothing about bourbon. I'll give him the cheap stuff." According to some sources SC is neither whiskey or bourbon; rather it is a spiced and flavoured liqueur. It merely attempts to be one or the other by its location on the shelf!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:30
@Micron No, we mostly belly up to the bar in the UK. When I was young (70's), bourbon was pretty much unheard of in the pubs in the UK?, well at least the ones I frequented. :)
My dive buddy would drink Makers Mark. In fact I have a bottle here , in case he ever came over from Shreveport, but he has passed on now. :(
For nostalgia's sake I would be happy with Four Roses or Wild Turkey. :D

At sea I would drink Double Drambuie (a scotch liqueur), so much so, they called me the DD kid. :D
Strangely enough though, I do not like Scotch on it's own? :unsure:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry to hear about your friend. Save the MM in case I ever visit (just kidding - you should have a shot every year on his birthday or something, until it is gone). I presume it will last long enough as long as you don't drink from the bottle!
Don't fancy Drambuie alone. Do like Scotch though.
Hmm, maybe you should start a thread for imbibing connoisseurs?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I hardly touch spirits these days. A bit of a treat if I do. I have a liqueur cabinet full of various drinks, even some from my Merchant Navy days (Four Bells Rum) and that career was ended in 1983. Just a shame the stuff does not age in glass. :)

HillTJ

Local time
People, back to the task at hand. I downloaded Tony's multiple checklist demo, modded it to suit my application with 17 checklists. Works an absolute treat. I could not be happier! Everyone should have a look @ this application. I think it's really clever. Now to work on a report or 2. Tony, if you read this, 17 checklists clutters a form. Will your code work with minimal mods to work on a tabbed control? PS, i'm partial to Drambue. Not that common an adiction in Australia.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
work on a tabbed control

Hi Terry, thanks for your comment, and support.

Yes, it will work on tabs.

Generally, as far as MS Access is concerned, anything on a Tab page is treated just the same as if it was placed anywhere on the form.

HillTJ

Local time
Uncle Gizmo, how would i go about adding an "N.A" column for items that are not applicable to that particular inspection. Clearly i'll need to add a field to tbledata to capture the response & add it to the subform, but what changes to code? Appreciate your thoughts.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
how would i go about adding an "N.A"

I would avoid adding a new Column. When you are using MS Access if you see a solution as adding a new column, invariably you are thinking spreadsheet, and you are invariably wrong. Not always though, this is the trouble with MS Access, it's more of an art than a science. However in this case I can see a solution which does not involve adding a new column.

I Suggest you change from a yes/no field to to an integer field, change the checkbox control (yes/no field) to a combobox. Have a separate table which identifies the results you want to select in the combo box. Set the row source of the combobox to select the values from the new table. Have three rows showing in the combo box, 1,2,3 yes/no and "n/a"...

HillTJ

Local time
Uncle Gizmo, thanks for the prompt reply. Understood. Will give it a go.

HillTJ

Local time
Hi, Made some success with Uncle Gizmo's tabbed form. I commented out the line in fsetupSubs(0) that was to create a label for each iteration of the subform as i couldn't get it to work with tabbed forms. But when generating a new checklist, it generates each item twice! I see routine fCopyListToDataOnlyOnce is called on both events 'Form_Current' and 'On_Load' Is this the culpret? Apprecate any assistance.

Attachments

• Hazard Assessment.zip
    136.8 KB · Views: 167

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom