Trouble Deploying Access 2007 Database (1 Viewer)

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:57
I have a database put together that I'm officially ready to deploy. I go to the Microsoft Office button and hit Publish then Package and Sign. As I expected, I go the no certificate available so I click OK which should redirect me to create a certificate, but nothing happens.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:57
Maybe you want to try creating an access runtime version? Try searching google for "how to deploy ms access database" and also "runtime access database".

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
Today, 10:57
Alternatively you could download the MS Access Developer Extensions. Contained within that is their Package Solution wizard which includes the Access 2007 Runtime.

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:57
So I installed AccessRuntime and I was able to create a certificate. Now I've managed to create two with the same name and can't figure out how to delete one of them.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 19:57
Alternatively you could download the MS Access Developer Extensions. Contained within that is their Package Solution wizard which includes the Access 2007 Runtime.

the package solution does not contain runtime. you need to include the file in the package, either from a local source dir or the web address provided by the packager.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 19:57
So I installed AccessRuntime and I was able to create a certificate. Now I've managed to create two with the same name and can't figure out how to delete one of them.

i have never created a certificate, nor do I understand why they exist, other than verifying that the software is legitimate.

you can create very easy packaging solutions with the wizard and the ADEs microsoft provides. you should not even need runtime on your machine either. that should have nothing to do with developing and testing. it is only for computers without the JET engine already running.

I just recently wrote a FAQ on how to use the ADE wizard for 2007 if you want to take a look:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=188226

Lady Gragor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:57
To create a certificate:-
In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Digital Certificate for VBA Projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom