Troubleshoot Chart Objects (1 Viewer)

BEVERLY

Local time
Today, 13:49
Hi! i'm new here and i've got loads of Qs hope any of you will/can help me. pls.. (begging!)

1. how can i set a report to create dynamically chart object(s)? i need to load a report (that follows a standard format) the problem is, the number of charts to be included within the report depends on the field values set by the user. the charts are basically of the same format and design and are from the same table (record source), only one value defines the chart from each other. e.g. i need to report about Philippines and graph the economic trend for each city. the graph/chart are of the same design ( and parameters) only that the user can select which cities to include in the report.

2. and my most frustrating problem ( i'm on a dead line and i can't find the answer to this within my resources... uh!) how do i export to Word or EXcel my report with chart objecs? the only answer to exporting is the function from the Tools menu - publish with word/analyze with excel. and each time i do this. yes i get all fields in Word but the Charts are 1.)invisible 2.)lost - maybe it was exported to Mars 3.) is of the same color as my background (a.k.a. invisible) 4.)my office program is a dumb one 5.) my access copy is a dumb one 6.) i am dumb (and i hope i'm not the only one - alone-ness is blessed when i'm working but not when i'm confused) 7.) i'm doing it all wrong???? 8.) i don't understand the behaviour of chart objects in access....SO PLEASE HELP!!!

BEVERLY

kdevitt

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Beverly,

To dynamically create reports, I just do the following, I don't know if this is the way you want to go!!

I'm assuming you have a form from which you click a button to output the report. Set the [On Click] event of this button to have a few case staements setup, or you can use [if].. [then].. [else] syntax. These statements will decide what the recordsource for the report is. Then call the report from this code, and the graph/report will display the data you selected in code. If you don't like creating SQL statements for your recordsource, just create the query in the wizard, and select SQL view, and then paste the results.

I haven't been able to output chart results at all to be honest, and god knows I've tried. I've resorted to outputting snapshot views of charts. This isn;t the most satisfactory result, but it does the job.

BEVERLY

Local time
thanks for the reply.

yup! i bumped into snapshot viewer, the day i posted my Q, i ramaged through the posts and someone mentioned snapshot viewer and i thank the first who asked this question. now i'm off to sending my reports (with any objects i can include)!

and the best part is i've got what i wanted with my report. i created a query that appended data to a master and detail table. i made the master table the record source of my report object. then i set up the group of the report. when designign the charts, i set up the properties: row source -to the - detail table and have the link child/master fields to the common fields (bet. master and detail tables).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom