Trusted Locations Not Working (1 Viewer)

Joshann

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
I have an Access database (I'm using Office 365 on Windows 10) stored on a network server. No matter what I do, I can't make my database trusted. I have gone into Trusted Locations in the Trust Center, and added the network location where the database resides being sure that the Allow Trusted Locations on my Network button was clicked. I do have the network drive mapped, but I am sure to use the server name instead of the drive letter as in \\servername\databasefolder rather than h:\databasefolder. I have checked the registry, and the trusted locations appear there, so I know they are being registered, but it doesn't make a difference. My database is still not trusted. Please note that I am not any sort of network administrator, so I know very little about our network.

Does any one have any suggestions?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:43
Are you trusting the database file, or the folder?
What messages do you get at startup?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 17:43
the db is ONLY trusted on that PC you ran it on. Its ACCESS trust, not the db.
you must do it to every PC that uses the app.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:43
I don't post stuff like this very often, but I think Microsoft's whole Trusted Locations thing is glitchy at best, and sometimes truly unpredictable. I have rarely gotten Trusted Locations to work in corporate settings, no matter what I check in Trust Center.

I had the precise opposite experience of yours, and posted about it, (I couldn't un-trust my Excel workbook), but no answers yet. Hopefully you get luckier.

For example, I have a database right now where after opening it "a few times", it now opens with no security prompts whatsoever. No explanation for that makes any sense to me. The db is not trusted, the location isn't trusted, nothing is trusted. Sometimes it shows a yellow "enable content" bar and sometimes it doesn't. After years of fighting with this issue - or better said, seeing what appear to be random results - I'm convinced Microsoft ought to clean up and even re-invent the whole thing.

But do note what Ranman said...the whole thing is client - specific.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:43
I've done work at a few sites where the network admins have only allowed a few network areas that can be made trustworthy. They set all network folders as being 'black listed' and only 'white list' those folders which contain enterprise approved applications. One site even black lists the entire local drive, allowing only folders in users' MyDocuments folder on their network home drives.

Check with your help desk or network admin person.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:43
split your db.
the local pc need to be trusted, not the backend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom