Twits Running Twitter (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:32
While we vigorously focus on Twitter, there is a "new" story emerging that potentially has significant effects on managing the news.
China's intention seems pretty clear. The CCP wants to use a very thinly veiled corporate cutout to buy Forbes and then use it as a Western media platform to advance the party's interests. Considering that the party's central U.S. interest rests on the expansion of political, economic, and military space for Chinese global hegemony, let's hope Secretary Yellen heeds Waltz's concerns. After all, do we really want Peng using Forbes to educate us about the Uyghurs?
Will those on the "left" aggressively rise-up to prevent this acquisition of a media platform that could easily spread "disinformation"?
Probably not.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:32
1651161594853.png

You can't take these people seriously.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Coincidence? :unsure:
Today, the Biden administration through Mayorkas has proposed the establishment of a “Disinformation Governance Board”. The pushing of "disinformation" has been going on for sometime and was successfully implemented by the Democrats to "steal" the 2020 election. Evidently, Musk's acquisition of Twitter has caused a panic attack within the Democratic party ranks and they are now rapidly and formally putting an Orwellian Ministry of Truth into operation to suppress those opposed to the Biden administration.

Ironically, the first person who should be investigated by the proposed “Disinformation Governance Board” is Mayorkas who just lied before Congress claiming that the border crises was a result of the Trump administration "breaking it" and Congress "failing to act". The reality is that the Biden administration "opened the border" as a planned action to "transform" the US as proposed by then President Obama.

mollyvaynerchuck

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:02
The latest comment of Elon on coca-cola is on a different level. "Next I’m buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in". I don't know if Elon has purchased twitter for free speech or for his personal advertisement.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Just a reminder, Musk does not own twitter yet.
No reminder necessary. In my various posts, I referenced such implications. In Post #43 there is a reference to Musk not being able to make disparaging remarks concerning Twitter before the purchase agreement is finalized or the deal falls through. In Post #32, I wrote: "The corporate board of Twitter and Musk have reached a deal. .... The fact that it is not trading at $54.20, is worth pondering." This is similar to buying a piece of real estate, you reach "a deal", but it is not final until the seller (in the case of real estate) is paid and the property is registered with the Register of Deeds. In the case of a stock there is an other very obvious tell. When it trades below the offered purchase price (as is the case with Twitter), that is a clear indication that a large number of people, brokers, and investment firms still believe that the deal will fall through. No need to "ponder" had the deal been completed since you would be holding a check for $54.20 (times the number of shares held).

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I find it amusing that Republican members of Congress are seeing their follower counts return to previous highs and Democrats are dropping.
Yeah, the Whitehouse had to turn off their "downvoting" on their website because they were being ratioed horribly. The same goes for YouTube they do not want you to see how truly unpopular they really are.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Hopefully, Elon will fire Parag Agrawal immediately if not sooner.

May 13, 2022 According to ABC News, one of Twitter’s general managers, Kayvon Beykpour, was fired after working at Twitter for seven years. The same day, revenue and product lead Bruce Falck announced his firing in a tweet that has since been deleted. Beykpour described his situation in several tweets, claiming that CEO Parag Agrawal “asked me to leave after letting me know that he wants to take the team in a different direction.” Falck’s Twitter bio now simply reads “unemployed.”

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
My guess is that Twitter bots and spam are much higher than the SEC filing would indicate.

As in the previous election if you leave important details unchecked shenanigans will take place i.e.. 2000 mules.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom