Unable to enter into sub-form. S.O.S. (1 Viewer)

captgnvr

EAGER LEARNER
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:42
D/Sirs

It was all fine with checking sales for staff; to enter new staff for sales; to enter unknown names etc., with a main and sub form (in the orders entry sample).

When I tried to limit the data to current month, I have altered the record source on the main form to a query. All went wrong and was unable to see proper record and cant enter new records.

Since then, I restored the record source of the main form back to the sales-detail table and all seemed ok. But when I tried to enter new record by clicking the button to my dismay found that I am unable to enter the subform on selecting the new staff name.

Pls can you tell me what could have gone wrong. The month long project has come to a standstill. I almost reached the end of the program to put it to use and just wanted to trim the records to be seen for the current month only and add new record and landed in trouble.

I spent long time trying to figure it out but to no avail. Hence this S.O.S.

Pls guide/help/rescue.

brgds/captgnvr

captgnvr

EAGER LEARNER
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:42
One cause found and some improvement. That is the sub-form record source was changed to a query which reverted back to sales table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom