Unbelievable! (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 10:49
A possible title for that post:

"When your zeppelin of delusion crashes headfirst into your planet of irrationality and poor grammar"
delusion = comes from ms access programmers.

that's not out of line is it?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, FYI, Isaac has said he disagrees with me about religion but respects my civility.

When you post a long, syntactically awkward, and factually incorrect post like that, particularly one that borders on a rant that is transparent for all to see, I have no interest in responding. You are like the gong banging slowly but signifying nothing.

Addendum: Your response to Darrell's "delusion" comment bears examination. With thanks and acknowledgment to Wikipedia.ORG...

According to the 1913 book General Psychopathology, a belief is delusional based on three conditions:

1. Certainty of the belief, i.e. a belief held with absolution conviction
2. Incorrigibility of the belief, i.e. not changed even with presentation of compelling counterargument or proof of the contrary position
3. Falsity of the belief, i.e. the belief is either impossible or is excessively bizarre or can be seen as untrue

The only difference between Christianity and delusion is that neither theists nor atheists can prove their position, so #3 is pending proof by either side. You would have to admit that you qualify for #1. Based on previous discussions, I would think you qualify for #2. If you wish to review the counterarguments, I invite you to look into the "Are You an Atheist?" thread. TONS of food for thought there - but based on #1, you probably would avoid it so you wouldn't have to struggle to hold on to your beliefs quite so hard.

Last edited:

neuroman9999

Local time
I always love engaging with you, grandpa. If we did actually ever meet in person, I wouldn't even bring this subject up for a vareity of reasons. But the primary one would be because I don't want to tick you off. There's much more meaningful things to do in life.
If you wish to review the counterarguments, I invite you to look into the "Are You an Atheist?" thread. TONS of food for thought there
I don't need food for thought. thanks though. have you ever wondered why so many philosophers in history have committed suicide? YEAH. I'll let you guess what I'm thinking.

neuroman9999

Local time
by the way @The_Doc_Man , I sent the post link of that, what you call, a ""rant"", to many people in my catholic circle as a way of helping them, as a last attempt, to show care and love in a philosophical manner. and one of the reasons I did it is because a lot of people in that circle have a very promising future regarding their finances and job security. and I think we both know that some people on Earth are more welcome in the white collar job market than others. and those that are not are typically turned off by Christians because a lot of them are financially secure and/or intelligent. That pisses off the people that have nothing or don't know how to make it work them. It does not matter if my points are right or wrong in the ""rant"", the fact of the matter is that churches across the world are losing membership, and that of course is supposed to happen. it was written in scripture a long time ago.

oh, and by the way, if I do indeed say anything correct about how you or other people here actually feel about this world or anything else in your life, I won't be surprised if you deny it. Denial is coming, if it's not already here, and the reason why is because people are so knowledgeable that they are becoming experts at denying the truth about themselves, how they feel and a few other things. They are becoming experts at lying about anything and everything. Kind of like the corporate people.....the managers in firms that don't have stable customers. You know....the CEOs and authorities that say to lower level management personnel, something like this?
we have policy x,y,z in place. and the reason is because of a,b,c. please inform your team of this
but of course what they're not saying is what the software is doing when the employees click the buttons. on a side note, I just purchased a hosting package tonight with a small company in the USA. and when I did, the transaction was blocked, more than likely because either of their internal policy or because they were listening to the phone call and I was asking questions that were questionable. And when an intelligent person does that, stupid corporate people go into protection mode to protect their money because they have no faith like all the other people in the corporate world. There's nothing wrong with my credit card. The bank is in London and it's one of the highest quality, most secure and sophisticated banks in the world.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have stopped caring, Adam. It is purely out of politeness that i even acknowledge your rants regarding capitalism and Christianity. I won't banish you for your rants unless the cross the "insult" line too far too often. But I'll do worse. I will reduce my responses with you. You have become boring and predictable.

neuroman9999

Local time
I have stopped caring, Adam.
well, good for you! now you have joined 99% of the world. I'm sure your stress level will be greatly reduced. Unfortunately for me, that will never happen because I care too much. and I enjoy the suffering because I'm doing exactly what Christ told us to do a long time ago. ""Pick up your cross and follow me"". and guess what else? My way will win. It may not for a long time, but it will eventually. Mark my words.

predictable.
predictable!? I don't think so. Try again. Maybe predictable in terms of what I always bitch about, but not in any other regard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom