Solved unchecked Displays a confirmation message by XML (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 05:09
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is disabled for security reason.
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms, Reports and XML only.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 19:09
By XML? Why would you want to try to use XML in an Access accdb? Access uses VBA as its coding language, and there are commands to do what you ask, but before we venture down that path, I'm really curious as to what XML could have to do with it.

Sarah.M

Local time
By XML? Why would you want to try to use XML in an Access accdb? Access uses VBA as its coding language, and there are commands to do what you ask, but before we venture down that path, I'm really curious as to what XML could have to do with it.
Oh sorry I forgot to say my VBA is disabled

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Well, XML is not a substitute in Access in any event, although you CAN call XML from VBA. But since you can't use VBA, that avenue is blocked. I find it hard to comprehend why any organization would "disable" VBA, but not macros. Still there we are.

You can do this in a Macro also.

I'll have to go futz with a macro since I almost never use them. But no doubt someone will be along with that macro version

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:09
Are you trying to use a database that includes VBA, or trying to add functions yourself.
In any event there is no reason to disable the VBA in a trusted database. If its not trusted, you would be better off not using it.

Sarah.M

Local time
Are you trying to use a database that includes VBA, or trying to add functions yourself.
In any event there is no reason to disable the VBA in a trusted database. If its not trusted, you would be better off not using it.
IT not allowed Access run VBA
So I am trying to find alternatives way

Sarah.M

Local time
Well, XML is not a substitute in Access in any event, although you CAN call XML from VBA. But since you can't use VBA, that avenue is blocked. I find it hard to comprehend why any organization would "disable" VBA, but not macros. Still there we are.

You can do this in a Macro also.

I'll have to go futz with a macro since I almost never use them. But no doubt someone will be along with that macro version
Can you do it in Macro
Plz help 🙏

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
These two macro commands should turn off warnings and turn on warnings.

1645730507830.png

I'm still puzzled, though, how is it that you CAN run macros but NOT run VBA? That's one of the rarest environmental restrictions I've ever heard of in 25+ years.

Sarah.M

Local time
These two macro commands should turn off warnings and turn on warnings.

View attachment 98561

I'm still puzzled, though, how is it that you CAN run macros but NOT run VBA? That's one of the rarest environmental restrictions I've ever heard of in 25+ years.
Thanks!
Because IT told me that some codes can harm PCs

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Why does IT run your company?
Are they the sales prevention unit? :D

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would give up.
They aren't protecting you at all.

Mandating no code in Access is like allowing you to only have one tab on a spreadsheet, but worse. It actually makes using a database dangerous, as you can't add code to protect the database. You may just as well not use Access at all. :D

Sarah.M

Local time
I would give up.
They aren't protecting you at all.

Mandating no code in Access is like allowing you to only have one tab on a spreadsheet, but worse. It actually makes using a database dangerous, as you can't add code to protect the database. You may just as well not use Access at all. :D
I like MS Access I don't want to give up, I grow up her with all of you in this great Furom

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Unfortunately, the main result of this "protection by IT" is making your job massively harder than it needs to be.

By the way, how do they even control whether you can use VBA? It seems to me that, if running macros is possible, then running VBA is also possible. I may be wrong, but I know of no way to disable one, but not the other. It seems to me that they're bluffing you into compliance with a silly rule.

Sarah.M

Local time
Unfortunately, the main result of this "protection by IT" is making your job massively harder than it needs to be.

By the way, how do they even control whether you can use VBA? It seems to me that, if running macros is possible, then running VBA is also possible. I may be wrong, but I know of no way to disable one, but not the other. It seems to me that they're bluffing you into compliance with a silly rule.
I did tried use VBA it is blocked it doesn't respond even if I put it in trusted location

I am No give up!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I did tried use VBA it is blocked it doesn't respond even if I put it in trusted location

I am No give up!
Wait a sec. What is the extension on the Access file you are using? What version of Access do you have installed on your PC?
Go to File-->Account and take a screen shot, please.
1645743772195.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just wondering if the IT department allows macros in Excel?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Sarah.M - reckon you must be becoming our resident macro expert since so few here use them - based on forum stats less than 7% of 'coding' questions relate to macros. Although that might be a reflection of ease of use for 90% of requirements.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom